CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2002, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is an idea. Get DS650stage1 there and anyone else who put's wings on the DS and then, get this, Huevos 5!!!! That would be awesome. It really pissed me off to not even see one DS on Huevos 4. Anyone with some connections to H-Bomb?

Old 02-17-2002, 10:00 PM
Pro Rider

Funny how this thing gets quiet on the weekends. I wish I was riding too.

Old 02-17-2002, 11:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Since this is starting to sound like a 'real' event, I'll volunteer some web space for an information page this week and we can start adding info as it comes in. That way if people want to make flyers, they can do so and not have to point everyone to an entire thread with 40 messages to try and get the information. So far, it sounds like we have this:

DS Days! (Or DS650 Days?)
When?
Labor day weekend
Starting Friday, August 30 through Monday September 2nd.

Where?
Sand Mountain, NV.
(this would be a clickable link with a map and directions)
Also a link to the weather for the area

Insert Events here:
Sample Events to follow

Friday Evening:

Twilight ride?

Saturday:

main event
Maybe an evening light show - who's got the best lighting?

Sunday:

main event...part 2?

Monday:

AM short event since people will leave today

Brought to you by...

Insert the WORLD'S GREATEST SPONSORS here

Knutz Concepts?
Diamond G Racing?
Other cool companies to follow...

Old 02-18-2002, 12:23 AM
Pro Rider

I have made a contact at C.O.R.V.A. California off road vehicle Association and they have commited to being at our gathering. They will be out in force and may have a few surprises as well.
Bearman

Old 02-18-2002, 12:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

How big of a riding area is Sand Mountain, NV? We're not going to over run the place with DS650s if there is a good showing will we? How does it compare to Pismo or other areas? Is it all sand or is there a need for dirt tires as well?

Old 02-18-2002, 12:34 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds cool, what all do they do? C.O.R.V.A.

That would be great on the site. I was just meaning putting on a link to a flyer but a web page would be awesome.

Old 02-18-2002, 01:39 AM
Pro Rider

Corva fights for our rights to keep public land open for everyone to use, not just enviromental extremist. They have a monthly magazine and the sand mountain gathering will be featured. As far as how large sand mountain is, I have no idea. I have never ridden there but have been told that there is different types of terrain so tires other than paddles is probably a good idea.
Bearman

Old 02-18-2002, 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

While talking at Dumont (while I could) Don says Bombardier is definitly in for this. I live in a different area of the valley than Knutz does so I will make flyers for my dealer and parts stores here.

Old 02-19-2002, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Blackhawk,put Garrahan Electric Inc on your list of sponsors,I figure AnyTime powers sports will be on board soon too.
If you get time there is a lot of dirt riding if you like,so throw the dirt tire's in the truck.
The Idea of having organized hill climbs is great,but we need to be carefull I have seen events like this(at Sand Mtn) in the past and seen outsiders stir trouble when they couldn't be involved.
I just Got back from Sand Mtn.tonight,I was surprised to see alot of DS's out.
We did have a bit of bad luck(Vegas650 can relate....hope you feel better)
To start out the second day my good friend Greg sailed his Banshee over the top in 3rd gear WFO(big big air)it was ugly,he cracked his pelvic bone,colapsed a lung and cracked some ribs............on the landing he popped all four tire's and bent his axle(get well soon Buddy.....I know your hurtin)Thanks to everbody that helped us out!!!!
Also another friend in our camp Eric(same day)dumped his Lt500(w/600cc steet bike motor)with wife on back,Eric suffered minor bruising & swelling and his wife couldn't walk,they left early to go to the hospital.I heard tonight she will be alright [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
On another note we did have a great time,ran into FasterIsBetter (nice guy)while out racing to the old windmill with crzr.

AZSAND, I will gladly save you a spot.
Jeff

Old 02-19-2002, 03:28 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Okay Kids, the link is up!

DS Days 2002!

Currently I have very basic info. I need some more information to help fill this out and give people something more to look at. What I need is this:

1. Where is this place? I have never been there, so I need some GOOD directions to post from whatever directions people could be coming from. I'd also like to add a link to an Internet mapping site so that people can look at that. Additionally, some sort of GPS coordinates of say, a main entrance or well-known point would be excellent.

2. What is this place near? I want to add a link to some Internet weather site so that people can check the weather.

3. Sponsors: I REALLY don't want to put words in anyone’s mouth, so anyone who wants to be listed as a sponsor let me know specifically (PM, public or email, whatever.) So far, I've placed Garrahan Electric Inc under the sponsors. I know Knutz Concepts and Diamond G racing mentioned something about it but I want to make sure they want their name listed in this fashion before I put something up. Even the bigger companies like Bombardier or CORVA, if someone with those contacts says to list them I’ll gladly do it.

4. Services: What is the nearest town, which has gas/food/lodging (some people will probably want to stay in a hotel room or something.) Are there any campsites, is it wide open, any pit toilets etc?

5. Does anyone have pictures from Sand Mountain? People will love to look at pictures to get the blood flowing.

On another note, I’m considering making a PDF that can be printed as a flyer for the event, if people like that. This would allow anyone with a PC and a printer to: “click, print and post” for the event at their local shop or whatever. The shop near me has a holder for hundreds of copies of these types of events etc.

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend