CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2002, 11:39 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey bat i don't know if you have lowes in your area.but they sell a personel alarm system that works off motion. and i throw two of these on my open trailer and if any one goes near her she screams her a$$ off just a quick idea.

Old 02-27-2002, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Azsand, I don't have a lowes, hell we don't have much. But that is another story.

I will look into it, are they battery operated? That sound pretty cool.

Bat

Old 02-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Yes bat they are batt operated but are very loud some times i stay at the shilo inn in yuma.when i go to the dunes and i was on the 3rd floor when my alarms went off and still heard them was able to open my window.and run off the kids admiring my quads opps!!!!!!

Old 02-27-2002, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

Blackhawk, I just got a message and Knutz wants to have Knutz Concepts added to the list of key sponsor's. I think you could put C.O.R.V.A on it as well.

Here is an idea for all of you. If any of you have any connections with the following companyies, see if you can get them to show support in one way or another. It could be as small as some stickers to hand out or pur up a banner or as much as they want, dont matter. I just feel it is better to have people with existing relationships with them talk to them.

Here are a few that I thought of :

Alba
(wouldn't it be cool to see the Red DS there!!!)
CT Racing
Graydon Proline
PRM
Ron Wood Racing
Any tire or rim manufacturer
any shock manufacturer that has them for the DS
Timmy Boy
Holley NOS
Big Gun
Yoshimura
White Brothers
K&N
DynoJet

I know there are alot more. Remeber this is not an idiviuals event but an event for DS owners. Anyone that makes products for the DS should be incouraged to attend or at least show their support and will be well represented. Please speek up if you are going to contact anyone so that they dont get hit multiple times.

Old 02-27-2002, 12:54 AM
Pro Rider

Getting hit multiple times from unrelated sorces might help show these other potential sponsors how wide spead this is.

To anyone that might want to approach a business, simply mention it to them and move on, if they want in, cool, if not, it will be there loss. Business's need to recognize that you all are potential customers.

Old 02-27-2002, 12:55 AM
Trailblazer

I'm in for the SoCal caravan, although my wife and I are thinking about a trip earlier that week to camp in Yosemite for a few days before hitting Sand Mntn. After Dumont during President's day and seeing how many people were in from Wy and UT, I don't think I'll mind one days worth of driving ;-)

Old 02-27-2002, 03:37 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

DemonDS,

Concerning me going I definitely want to go, I just have to get psyched up for the drive, I’ve never actually been on that long of a trek. I drive about 30-40k miles each year, but all of that is city driving with a few 4-hour ATV trips tossed in. 10+ hours is a lot, but I’m still looking forward to attending.

As far as the sponsorship from Bombardier, that sounds like an awesome idea, but I have my doubts that a company that large would jump on with that much support. If they do, we’ll welcome them with open arms, so to speak. I think we’re more likely to see our forum member hand out flyers at local dealers etc than anything.

The whole PDF thing I can do on this end, (though others are MORE than welcome, in fact if we have a few different versions that would not be a bad thing) I’m just waiting until we get enough data to make a whole flyer. We just got another official sponsor Ken from “Anytime Power Sports” out of Sacramento, CA. He will be working with Jeffnrivercity planning a couple of rides as well as sponsoring a BBQ for Saturday night. Once we get a couple of the events set, I think we can make a first run flyer.

CORVA is already on board and listed/linked. Today at work was heck and I was there till 9:30pm, so we’ll work on the site additions tomorrow evening.

Scouting the area for other attractions is a great idea, but that takes someone local to do the work. If anyone feels like doing that dirty work for the people who want to come but stay clean, go ahead and post the results here or in email and I’ll slap it online.

The circle track sounds good, if anyone speaks up here or in email and says they have the gear etc. I can post it on the site. All this thought put into the ‘other’ people who would come aside from DS owners is going to make the trip a lot easier to do for those who have extra people without DSs or ATVs to ride.

I’ll list Knutz Concepts online tomorrow when I do the updating. Don, would you like your listing to link to a contact info page? IE: name, address, telephone number, or do you have a website? We could put a link to Pami from your contact page if you want. If you want that, be sure to give me the most current contact info.

As far as calling all of those companies, if someone called one, and talked to them about a product then casually asked them if they were going to be at DS Days on Labor day, (in a way that made it sound like you assumed they’d be at the biggest DS650 event ever) that might perk some interest, especially if multiple people mention it casually. I don’t think just calling and asking the first person who answers the phone about it will do much.

Jeffnrivercity,

The sign up sheet sounds great, we could make it just like the guest book but with different fields. Any suggestions as to what the fields should be? Arrival/Departure, number of people in group, number of vehicles in group, number of OHVs in group, number of DS650s in group, where your coming from, a contact me for caravan field, a comments field for other info…. Anything else?

BigR,

This is getting more exciting by the day. I started the web page just last week, and it’s needed updates daily, due to new info, sponsors etc. If this event grows any faster it’s going to be tough to keep on top of the updates. As it is, this should be a GREAT chance for vendors to market their products. Imagine if a company has a bolt on product, they sell it and install it for one guy, he comes back later happy and tells his three friends to buy it as well.

It would almost be like a DS650 swap meet if we got enough vendors there. I know at the computer fairs, those vendors end up selling more equipment in one day than they often sell in 1-2 weeks.

Oh yeah, everyone check for updates once in a while, you might see something new, and certainly let me know if you see something missing that should be there.

Old 02-27-2002, 04:12 AM
Pro Rider

Blackhawk, you are doing a great job. Keep up the good work. All of those ideas sound great. There really isnt much to do in fallon, but maybe the wives/gf's of the guys that r there can make a trip to reno for shopping etc. on saturday while we are out having fun, they can have their fun too. Reno is about an hour and a half away from sand mountain. Once u have a flier, let me know, i will make some copies of it and put them out there on the bulletin board of sand mountain when i go out there in late march. Sean

Old 02-27-2002, 08:27 PM
Pro Rider

Blackhawk:

Just e-mailed a bunch of digital pictures taken at Sand Mt. over President's Day weekend. There are even a couple of pictures of the ***** House in Salt Flats (between Fallon and Sand Mt.)

Let me know what you need created in Acrobat, I can scan then write to Acrobat to create a .pdf.

Good job with everthing.

Old 02-27-2002, 08:45 PM
Pro Rider

It would almost be like a DS650 swap meet if we got enough vendors there. I know at the computer fairs, those vendors end up selling more equipment in one day than they often sell in 1-2 weeks

That's another idea, we can all try to sell our stock parts to each other.

I'm going to print a copy of the flier and see if I can get my local dealer interested in supporting us. Maybe John the service manager will show up. He's got a DS too.

Quick Reply: DS Days!!!! Labor Day weekend