CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bat- you got the parts?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2002, 02:23 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bat- what is happening with the ds. Motor mods have been quiet since the shim post.

Old 03-14-2002, 10:13 AM
Pro Rider

14mins, I do not have the parts yet. Don has everything except one of the gaskets, which he said he should have in a couple of days. I am going to little sahara utah the weekend of the 23rd and so I will not be installing any of my mods until probably easter weekend.

I knew if I could not get the parts before last weekend that I would have to wait. So, I am not in a hurry. I want to be able to ride out at little sahara and not have to work on the quad the weekend.

So, how is yours coming? have you got the engine back yet? I am curious to hear how it runs.

bat

Old 03-14-2002, 11:31 PM
Pro Rider

Did to motor come in today? Yesterday? When will the shop be done with it?

Old 03-15-2002, 12:31 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Bat and Hurycne- I should pick the quad up Friday afternoon. I have not talked to the shop since i dropped it off. They were slammed with work because of spring break. The owner promised me that i would have it back friday. They might not have a new clutch in though. We were overnighting one for friday. Will find out.

Raptorrrc called thrusday afternoon, saying a friend we ride with in kermitt wanted to come ride at my place. He lives 5 hrs. away. I told bob to have him come down. He showed up today with 2 raptors and a sweet 310r. They are all for sale. He is picking up a custom built lonestar with a CRF450 motor. He spent $$$$$$$ on that. Any way i bought a pair of TCS zero-preload shocks, a 2 plus 2 axcel, 2 rims and tires, a gyrt swing arm skid, and 4 beadlock rims for way 10 cents on the dollar. Could not pass up!!!!! Adding thta to what i already have and the custom seat cover that i ordered yesterday. I think i have crossed the 10,000 mark.

Old 03-16-2002, 01:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Bat and hurycne- The quad is back together, but the jets are wrong. Trinity sent a 180 and a 187.5. Way to rich. The shop stayed late trying to get it right. I need to pick up some different jets sat. at 9 am. The few passes that were made... This thing is going to rip!!!!!!!!!!! I can tell that jetting is going to be a pain to get right. Lots of trail and effort. The good thing is i now know how to do it. I am going to have the shop change it 2 more times sat. morning and take over from there.

Old 03-16-2002, 02:05 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

14mins, CONGRATS!! I know your chomping at the bit and wanting to get that bike back and spend some time on the seat. I'm also glad to here that you upgraded the suspension to handle the EXTRA power! Now all you need is a parachute to slow that thing down LOL. Oh, and you have to have that parachute deployed when we race.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 03-16-2002, 08:07 AM
Pro Rider

congrats 14, I am sure it will rip. Let me know your overall opinion after you get some seat time.

I have been toying with the idea of doing a little work (720 kit) to the rappy, but the wife says no. Is yours a 2001? Anything done to the trans to add strength or reliability. I have not had a problem, but if I were to do some work to it, I think some trans work would be in order.

But the wife says no, and it is technically hers, so I guess I will leave it at that.

Look forward to the future race reports
Bat

Old 03-17-2002, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds good 14mins it should rip. After reading Organ Donors post I dont know what I think of the NOS so I probaly wont run it but a few times. You gonna be out Sun if it does not rain?

Old 03-17-2002, 01:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hurycne- come down and play.

Old 03-17-2002, 09:26 AM
Pro Rider

We should be down depending on the weather but at 7:26am cloudy but we are loading up.

Quick Reply: Bat- you got the parts?