CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What is the easiest way to drain the anti-freeze and gas?

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2002, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm moving in a couple of days and the movers want this done to my DS? could anybody help me out on the most effiecent way to do these 2 things? they also said they want me to "lube" the carb? I have no clue what they are talking about. Thanks in advance guys you all help me out all the time

Old 03-29-2002, 01:33 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coolant- On the water pump cover you will find three, 5MM, allen bolts. The lower most has a copper washer on it. That one is a drain. Remove it, with a catch can under the bike. Then you must remove the radiator cap, but be carefull. When you remove the radiator cap, the small trickle of coolant you had, will come rushing out in a horizontal stream. Re-install the allen bolt, and your cooling system is drained.

Fuel- The easiest way to do it is to rmove the fuel line from the carb[with the tank valve in the off possition] and place it in a gas can. Prop a fuel can into a possition that the fuel line will stay in, and turn the tank valve to the reserve[must be reserve to drain the tank] possition. Go get a beer, it will take a while to drain this way. Make sure that the gas can will not shift as it fills up though, or you will have a mess.

Carb- Drain the fuel out of the carb[using the drain screw at the bottom of the bowl]. Do not try to "run" the fuel out if you have already drained the coolant. The drain screw can be seen from the left side of the bike. There are several ways to "lube" the carb, but this is what I like best-Diesel fuel or Marvel Mystery Oil. Squirt a small amount into the fuel inlet, to fill the bowl. Then remove the spark plugs[both], and turn the motor over for a few seconds. Pull the choke also while turning it over to ensure the oil gets in that system as well. Re-install the plugs, and your lubed for shippment.

I hope this helps.