CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Majorecho Nitrous

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2002, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Majorecho, Why are you selling your nitrous setup? I searched the nitrous posts and you were raving about it, (nitrous) what gives?

Old 04-14-2002, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider

The NX system was great had a lot of fun - didn't nuke my motor and taught a lot of two strokes not to dismiss the potential of four strokes. I've tried to be objective with some of the little problems I encoutered as I was going thru my learning curve. I shared
any and all tips I learned to help out other guys that wanted to experiment with the juice.
Now I'm trying something a little different, I've belived for quite a while that there is a lot more potential in this motor for natural aspiration than most have experianced. Dual 39's were something I wanted to try. Jeff has kinda been my inspiration for awhile in this respect and it wasn't until he put his dual carbs on that he really started pulling away from Don's 760. I believe that with good head work, hotter cams , higher compression and all the other thoughful additions necessary to maintain reliability that I should see similar improvements on my DS by making the motor a more efficient air pump. Get it in - get it out. With the high compression piston I'm running I still will need a high octane fuel but I'm not comfortable putting nitrous in the mix anymore. Stock compression no problem.... now I've got so much more time and $ into the motor that I'm hanging up the nitrous.
I don't live to be the fastest it does't matter to me, I just like to have fun and ride and just want more power all the time. To me this is all a big science project anyway and has been a lot of fun as hobby I really enjoy.

I will share my opinion of my new set up once I get the chance to ride- maybe the next weekend or so.
safe riding to you.

Old 04-15-2002, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Majorecho,right on man!I dont allways have to be the fastest to have fun.I like not worring about tipping over in a power slide, or a fast turn.I like launcing a good jump and landing with confindence.I like having a very strong quad that is solid and has that (Rotax GROWL).A quad that dont break down all the time and can go hard all day and night long. I love my DS...........