CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

THANKS MAJORECHO!

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2002, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As everyone knows, the Pig was not running properly when I left on Friday.
My buddy Dave work constantly on it and Knutz helped as much as he could(via phone).
I even talked to a few of the mechanics at my wifes car dealership. Everyone seemed to be pointing toward carbaration and or timming.
Don said it was definitly NOT timming, so we worked on that carb constantly.
First time I raced the hill Fri. night, I got beat by a stock DS.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
Cortis (Majorecho) showed up and was very dissapointed he wasn't going to be able to race me. He too said it seemed like the carb but then took it for a ride. Next thing I know he's telling me I have no spark to the center plug!
Well he switched the two plug wires around so that I would get the spark to the center one but not the outside one.
That helped alot. We rode, we raced (he won) and then when we split up he told me to check the wire at the coil.
Come to find out the clip with two wires on the right side of the coil had fallen off! Problem Solved. Thanks Major (and Don and Dave). My only regret is that I did not get to give him the race he wanted. By trhe way his bike is awesome!
Well I did get to give a few members of this forum rides and they all seemed to like it.
Now I'm going to get ready for Labor Day!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2002, 10:58 PM
Pro Rider

Al- nice to finally meet up with you guys and see the pig run wish we had taken just a few more minutes to check the coils befor we took off, I know your crew were anxious to ride -I had a great time anyway- and I've got you down for a rematch at DS days[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
later.

Old 05-27-2002, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

You got it. I think you spent enough time on my bike. I can't thank you enough![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]