CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

I finally got my Wheel problem figured out. Now I have more questions for mods.

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2002, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok I order ITP .190 Wheels that should narrow my DS by 2 inches & I'm getting Maxxis Razrs. Now I have a list of mods I'm considering which would you recommend first?

Steering Damper
Roll Design Footpegs
Graydon CDI
Elka Shocks
IMS Fuel Tank

or

TAG X5 Handlebars, Oury Grips, +1 Bar clamp, & Cycra Handgaurds

Thanx for the help again.

Old 04-19-2002, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

I'm guessing that since you're narrowing the DS you are riding in the woods? I ordered a Denton rebuildable steering stabilizer that should be here any time. When I get it I will give it an evaluation on the forum.
If you are in danger of running out of gas get the bigger tank.
The stabilizer will help control your bike, and if you need to change your bars for better control then by all means do that.
The CDI is only going to give you a couple hundred more rpms which would give you a little edge in a drag race if you need that.
I could'nt understand why people were spending alot of money to change their shocks. When the DS came out the magazines raved about the DS's shocks and I've always been happy with mine. It seems like there must be different valving on some shocks because a few people on this site can't stand their front shocks. If you feel your shocks don't suite your weight/riding style then try adjusting the sag. If that does'nt do it then shocks are in order. How about adjustable upper A-arms, also helps with control.
The footpeg thing I don't get, personally If I had a problem with mine, which I don't, I would sharpen the teeth on mine and weld a little piece on the end to stop my boot from slidding in the mud.
Those are my suggestions, pretty much in order of importance, assuming you've got all your safety gear.

Old 04-19-2002, 03:34 AM
Pro Rider

Thats what it is his lack of riding skill!Thats why he's always behind me when we race.J/K[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-19-2002, 03:41 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Sand45 is so fast, He usually has the holeshot before I even get to the starting line. Even his own paddles can't keep up with him. Hee hee.
How about this weekend?

Old 04-19-2002, 04:36 AM
Pro Rider

Mystereid.....check your private message regarding this weekend

Old 04-19-2002, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

The C-dale is great but I have to sell it, which really sucks. Thats why I'm narrowing my DS. My friend is offering me 9500 for it. I'm having a house built and I'm sure you guys know how much that costs$$$$.