CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

New Trinity DS650 Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 02:09 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hurycne- was your own quad not outrunning the ron woods quad of dusty's (roostinonyou)?

As i recall the 686 put 8 or more lengths on YOUR quad?

I did hit cow manure at the 60 ft mark, dam near wreaked, got back in it, and almost pulled that run off. (only 686 defeat) I will count that run! A lose is a lose no matter what.

You and rooster DO NOT give Chris the credit he is due. Neither of you (rooster, hurycne) can claim more wins than loses against him!!!!!!!!!! HE HAS NEVER BEAT THE 686

Rex's shee- Wins as many, as he loses to the bombs. HE HAS NEVER BEAT THE 686

And yes, i had more than my share of theething problems with the local shop that installed my trinity kit. I would not recomeend them to work on your lawnmower. I know how markynark feels!

The 100 percent stock 'trailer queen has a HIGHER win rate against the DS's than loses

DID YOU NOT FLAG THE 686 verse the RON WOODS MULTIPLE TIMES?

The only lose the 686 HAS ENCOUNTERED was the MANURE run. BUT IT COUNTS! I WILL COUNT IT!

I would be more than happy to put a friendly wager on the 686 vs Roosters Ron WOODS and another wager on Chris's piped raptor against Both of The DS's (rooster and hurycne)

YOu Can even run your NOS hurycne. Video camera will be supplied!!

P.S. rooster was worried enough about the 686 he made multiple false starts. lol

Old 05-01-2002, 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

I think Harry's comment about the Dirt Doo was something like the following:

I don't get too many calls to build the DS. On the ones that I have built, the parts are difficult to find, cost too much and usually require modification of the stock parts (Cam, CDI) and a long wait time.
It is difficult to invest too much time into the DS because of these issues.

Old 05-01-2002, 02:58 AM
Pro Rider

Man!!! we should welcome trinity for hopefully make parts for the ds! let's not stick our heads in the sand! Right now we only have a handfull of outfits dealing with the ds, is that all we want? I myself encourage trinity for some ds mods ,becuse if trinity dose who know who else might do the same.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 05-01-2002, 03:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

I thought you guyswould be happy that trinity was going to do some for the DS. They make a trick looking raptor pipe! I figured the DS pipe would look as good. Maybe you can breathe a little easier Knutz.

Knutz- you have any motors in Texas, around dallas/Ft worth?
I recall seeing some post on ron woods stage 2 not producing 50 hp. I see it now.

Knutz-Why does your 703 base kit use stock cams? I am guessing because the stock cams are prety decent?

Old 05-01-2002, 11:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

No your right you did beat my bike up comp with my 6'2" 210 lb son i did not run her because she was hurt but there is no stoping a 17 year old from riding at the dunes.but the distance was not three bikes he was right on your tail until he backed off! and im not here to argue who's faster i just answerd a post that said a 686 would consititly out run the woods i misunderstood. it sound like he was razzing his buddies.but it looked like and open statement too me.

ps king you never mention clutch problems at the comp.is that what were claiming a year later i withdrew due to clutch problems.you ran with a a bad clutch.bud if you would have mentioned you had gear problems.i would have set you up with good gears.MY [120 lb son ] rides a 426 same gears as you use. we had plenty of change outs in my truck bummer!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Sand45: your right we would welcome trinity if he would build for us but every one else did not say if if ask and ask we will build for you.they built in faith and we bought!!!

Old 05-01-2002, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider

Here is the response I got from Harry:

We are in the process of making a DS pipe and silencer combo. this may take
us a little while but when it is done it will be a very good performing
pipe. After the pipe we will start our procedure for doing the motor mods. I
hope we finish this soon but it sometimes takes us a while to complete all
of the dyno work and testing please be patient. Thanks for the interest
Harry )

Old 05-01-2002, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider

Vegas, thanks for putting that up. I think I may look into his pipe when it is available. I dont really care for that ceramic coating, and I think their other pipes are stainless.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what they come up with.

Later
Bat

Old 05-02-2002, 02:27 AM
Trailblazer

I posted this on a related site I felt it might be appropriate here also!
We are currently testing DS pipes we are one of the only companies that I know of that has a 30 day money back guarantee on or pipes. This makes us work harder to produce a pipe that makes extraordinary power, If it doesn't we will be getting a lot of them back. And we don't want to get them back, so it might take us while but when it's done it will be awesome.

Old 05-02-2002, 11:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Mr.McDermott, Thanks for posting! I'm sure everyone is Excited that Trinity is interested in the "potential" of the Rotax 650. I myself run with a Modified Endcap, and will do so until someone can prove to me that a pipe/slip-on is much superior. I do hope that their will be some "substantial" gains made through your Trail ad error proccess.

BTW, how does your Raptor pipe measure up to the Competition? And do you feel that the DS is as RESTRICTED as the Raptor, in terms of air-flow.

Biggerisbetter.