CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2002, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys for the toasts! BTW...you couldnt PAY me to bird watch!!! hehehe

Life is only worth living....if you LIVE it. You can ask anyone that knows me, never say never and NEVER stop what you love. You might have to change the way you approach it, but IT can always be DONE!

I ride with "MMcGuire" and i am sure he would say that i give it all she's got [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Jonathan

Old 04-29-2002, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

Well im glad to here there are other people out the with disabilitys like myself who did not give up on the sport of riding. I am 30 and was in a motocross accident in march of 2000 with a broken femur, broken hip, and blown knee. Well lets say 4 surgeys later and a hip replacement I am back on. The reason I am posting is my wife thinks I'm crazy for even getting back on and riding again but I showed her this post and she said maybe you are not as crazy as I thought or all you guys are just nuts (ha ha).

JMAC650

Old 04-29-2002, 06:52 PM
Pro Rider

Jmac650
Let your wife know that there are others who are crazy enough to get back on after serious accidents, I had a terrible head injury loosing part of my memory, multiple broken bones and almost bought the farm on that one. My wife rides also and had an ugly wreck as well, bruising her heart and deep lacerations on her leg. Yes we both still ride every chance we get
Bearman

Old 04-30-2002, 08:24 PM
Range Rover

I am a bileteral(have no legs below knees) I was born with it. I also have no left hand and i love to ride my quads! I can control it fine, just have some problems on jumps holding on. I hope this ives you some encourage ment. Did i mention I am 14.
My legs stay in my protesies(Fake legs) using a pin locking mechanism. I have 2 flex feet and i sugest you migh whant to look into them. The only problm ive ha with the carbon fiber flex feet is that they have broken twice while playing b-ball. so i am on 225lbs test set of feet they are stiff becuase i only wiegh 125lbs.

Old 04-30-2002, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

You are truly hardcore tyson!

Old 05-01-2002, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Tyson,

I have the hydralic knee with dual pivot foot. I HATE IT..well, kinda. It isnt bad as long as you are on FLAT surfaces. As soon as you step anywhere that there is a grade, your SCREWED. I will think about the flex style foot/leg. I have seen them go all the way to the knee area with them. What about flexability? as far as "bending" at the knee? or do you just stiff leg it? Sorry that i am off the topic! Thanks,
Jonathan

Old 05-01-2002, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

This thread took an interesting turn...now we're 'TRAILBLAZING'!!! I've enjoyed your stories... non of them are without awe inspiring details. How do you guys do it?! I'm amazed...especially you, Tyson. How did you ever convince your parents to let you ride? I've read some of your posts before and honestly I thought you were just some kid, but you have some real heart doing what you do. All I can say is, "WOW!"

JMAC650--dude, that's impressive, your recovery time...really. This is the first OHV I've owned since the '79 CR250 Elsie I had back in the early 80's. I moved to Oklahoma in '84 for R&R and although I've been on a few different machines since then, I never really considered getting back into the sport until recently...new neighbors moved in and had a whole slew of bikes and quads and invited me and my daughter to go riding one weekend. That was it, I knew then I had to have one so the next weekend I bought the DS and soon we'll be getting a second...? It had been way too long...

1BEARMAN...like I said earlier, it is very interesting to get to know all the different people here at atvconnection. You voluteer good information regularly and also generate some quality reading and I for one appreciate it. I was blown away that not only you had been in a serious accident, but your wife also...I'm not being chauvenistic when I say that I'm impressed that she was involved in such an accident and has the Huevos to get back on! MRS. BEARMAN, you deserve to be nominated Head of the Class! It obviously takes time to physically get over such an accident, but it takes some serious 'want to' to mentally overcome and get back in the saddle...

My short story--We slid out doing 90 into a curve, the bike highsided when it hit the curb and threw me into an oak tree breaking my tibia, femur and hip, also busted me up pretty bad on the inside. I spent nearly two weeks in ICU and then another nine going through surgeries and such. The driver didn't get injured...lucky bastad. I was fortunate to survive...putting me back together was no small feat!

Anyway, all you guys (and gal) are thriving testimonials to those good sayings you post in your signatures...I enjoy the repore and although we're east and west, north and south, I look forward to hooking up at one of our favorite riding places one of these days!

Jim

Old 05-01-2002, 03:21 AM
Pro Rider

Jim,

Do you have some good places to ride around you? I do like traveling and am going to IL soon to visit and help my dad. Anyways, what i am getting at is, if you have some good trail/hills/mud/etc. maybe i can get over that way sometime and go ride.

You are right about the individuals that keep thier heads up and live life. Anytime that i think that i cant do something, all i have to do, is look around and i will find someone that is in worse shape than me, and they are DOING it!

Ride hard.

Jonathan

Old 05-01-2002, 07:05 PM
Range Rover

I do have 2 perfectly good knees and have total flexablity. I whanted a quad ever since i rode my cousins mojave when i was 7. So i begged and begged my parenes until they finally gave in and bought me a trailblazer for my 12th birthday. They got it for me because it was automatic, and i couldn't pull the clutch because i have no left hand. But now, i have practiced on my ds and on my dads raptor and ex and have got to be very good at it. I can steer, and shift fine now.

Thanx for your encouragment [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]