CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2002, 09:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why i'm a not getting e-mails from the forum when someone replys to my topics........

DSWOLF.

Old 04-28-2002, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

DSWolf...

Just curious if your email is working properly at all...your thread about Timmyboy and then not getting email from atvconnection...coincedence? are you getting any emails at all? You might want to send yourself an email to "test" your server...just a thought.

Jim

Old 04-28-2002, 09:39 PM
Pro Rider

actually, i am having the same problem....NO notification of posts to my threads...

Jonathan

Old 04-28-2002, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

I spoke too soon, DSWolf...just saw the KTM thread...and you're not the only one having problems I see...hey Frogman28, so you ride wearing a prosthetic? if I may be so upfront...I remember a recent thread where you said you had your leg off...I use to ride with a guy at Carlsbad in socal that went by the name of 'pegleg'...that guy was fast as hell on the track--9 out of 10 races he took the hole shot on the MX track. That was back in the early '80s. I'm due hip replacement (nasty streetbike accident in '84) and my mother worries to death about my extracurricular activities...I try to convince her that I'm carful, but then I show up on crutches(first day out on my DS I went over a razorback with a little too much enthusiasm--steel-toed boots don't support the ankle). A couple of months ago I got myself into a precarious situation going up Superstitions', Sand-dam, and did a 360' the hard way...cracked two ribs and sprained my right hand pretty bad...the DS is a bit heavy! Especially when you go inverted and bounce the handlebars off your chest...OUCH!!! Anyway, I'm just about back to my normal aching self again and just takin it easy up here in New Jersey (work)and glad I've some fellow ATVers to chat with out there in cyberspace...can't wait to get home to my DS and make a run to the Little Sahara!

Old 04-28-2002, 10:02 PM
Pro Rider

Jiminok i did a test and my e-mail is ok.

DSWOLF.

Old 04-28-2002, 10:06 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry about what happen hope you get well soon.

DSWOLF.

Old 04-28-2002, 10:19 PM
Pro Rider

I'm not getting my e-mail notice's either, and my e-mail is working fine, as I am receiving e-mails from other sources.

Old 04-28-2002, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

I checked my email, and its working fine. Hope the mod's get this fixed!!!! HINT HINT~ and i want all my previous emails too!!! i have to many threads that i was following and hope that it is back dated to whenever this thing quit working!

JIMINOK, I am a disabled vet. Had several injuries in the line of duty including braking back, loss right leg, and we'll just say a FEW more big ones too. As far as riding goes, there's nothing to hold a good man down. (Except a 650 lb. quad that flips) [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

I ride fine. The only thing that i have a problem with is powersliding in a right turn. I just recieved a new knee and foot on the leg, and it is a little heavier than the old one. This is good. I was having a problem with the old one "FALLING OFF" the foot peg and sticking out! I was thinking about putting a medal rod from front to back fender about 3 inches up to keep my foot from doing this. I havent had a problem, so i am just going to keep an eye on it for a while.

I know how hard it is sometimes to be laid up and only wanting to get back out and do the things that you use to do. Well, i can say, that the Gizz has me back out into the woods where i really wanna be. I cant even tell you how hard it is to WALK, expecially in the woods. It is actually easier to use cruches without the leg on (on rough terrain).

Good riding my friend. I dont think that you will ever see me out on a MX track, but hope to run into ya in the woods!!!!

Jonathan

Old 04-29-2002, 12:01 AM
Pro Rider

Hey Frogman28...I hope I wasn't too forward with my inquery...I get accused of not being too smart with my choice of hobbies--ATVing specifically...so when I read your post the other day I said to myself, "right on!!", another dummy who should take up bird-watching or basket-weaving but instead yeilds to the passions of his inner child...or something to that effect!

I am truley amazed by the diversity of the people that are into the sport and that post here. We aren't just one demographic profile that can be pigeon-holed...we are strong, diverse, and passionate about our lives and our sport.

Jonathan...a toast to you for your past and present sacrifices that insure each and everyone of us the opportunity to enjoy our freedoms as US citizens. I'd love the chance to ride with you and your wife...here in Oklahoma my daughter, friends, and I do a lot of woods riding. Lake Keystone is only about thirty minutes west of Tusla and is a great place to ride, especially in the drier seasons when the lake waters are down. It's sandy like the desert around the edge of the water and there are lots of well worn trails through the woods. We also have the Little Sahara, in Northern Oklahoma. It's 1400 acres of sandy trails and dunes and we have an annual event called, Snake Hunt, in Waynoka about 4 miles north of the riding area.

Hey, thanks for the reply...enjoyed getting to know another atvconnection member...see you on another thread...SOON!!!!

Old 04-29-2002, 01:22 AM
Pro Rider

Jonathan...a toast to you for your past and present sacrifices that insure each and everyone of us the opportunity to enjoy our freedoms as US citizens.

Amen to that brother!

Quick Reply: MODERATOR