CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

U.S. Dept. of the Interior VS DS DAYS

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2002, 01:32 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recieved a notifiactation of a certified letter in the mail on Friday[mailman never tried to deliver]. Today I went to the post office to pick it up. It was from the U.S. Dept of the Interior. These would be the people in charge of all state BLM departments.
The letter was basicly telling "ME" that DS was not allowed and I should stop it. "I" was told that "I" should have the web site removed, because "I" asked it to be put up.

I sort of figured that this would happen. I knew they didn't want it to happen, and being the only person that contacted them in an attempt to make it legal, they have decided to come after me. I contacted them to speak my mind about the fact that they can not come after me if a group of people show up. Some one from their Dept is giving them info on this event, but is too stupid to mention that I was the person pushing to move it to UTAH!

The person I spoke with kept reiterating that a competative event would not be conducive to the crowd they get on holiday weekends. I had to mention half a dozen times that "Comp Hill" is nothing but a weekend long competative event. I finally got him to addmitt that it's a "commercial" competative event that they don't want.

It's very clear that they don't want us there, and the fact that they are coming after me and possibly my business just pisses me off.

I know that there was discussion of were to make it happen, and I was pushing for Utah since being shot down by the BLM. MY MIND HAS CHANGED! I hope that all of you show up at Sand Mountain, Nevada! For them to take such legal postureing to direct at me is basicly a challenge thown in my face.

Niether I as a person, or Knutz Concepts as a business will have anything to do with sponsoring the event, but I'm all for doing it in their face now.

Old 04-30-2002, 01:36 AM
Pro Rider

Right on!

Old 04-30-2002, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

I was at Sand Mountain last weekend and talked to BLM about permits etc. They mentioned the web site, and I told them that Knutz had nothing to do with it. Knutz was the point on the permit, so that is why they think you have control.

I was also told that due to lack of funding, the recreation arm of the BLM in Nevada has scaled way back (this happened last year too) until after October. Unless you have a permit or one that is well on its' way to being completed, there won't be any issued until after October 1st. This is something that is supposedly unique to Nevada BLM.

BlackHawk, please change the verbage on the web page so there are no sponsors and probably no schedule of events.

Jon

Old 04-30-2002, 02:05 AM
Pro Rider

Ask them why KOTH is able to be run on Memorial Day in NV..It's an organized event....

Old 04-30-2002, 02:08 AM
Pro Rider

<< Ask them why KOTH is able to be run on Memorial Day in NV..It's an organized event.... >>

What is KOTH?

I can only assume that it is not at Sand Mountain because BLM reiterated that no permits would be issued on any holiday weekend there.

Jon

Old 04-30-2002, 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

KOTH=King Of The Hill

I say we shove it in thier....well you know!!! They probably drive 400ex's anyways so they wont be able to catch us LOL.

Old 04-30-2002, 02:28 AM
Pro Rider

<< KOTH=King Of The Hill

I say we shove it in thier....well you know!!! They probably drive 400ex's anyways so they wont be able to catch us LOL.
>>

From what I have been told, King of the Hill is not an organized event.

BLM ATV's are pathetic farm rigs that can't make it to the top.

And easy on the 400EX comments.....[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-30-2002, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

For them to claim the letter was just to &quot;let me know&quot;, was B S. The only reason for the letter to be certified was for legal evidence.

They couldn't take the time to send me an application befor they decided that no events would happen. They couldn't bother to tell me that no permits would be issued[Crowleyoffroad told me at least a month befor they did]. But they can possition themselves to go after me legally if it does happen? I can't find a single good thing to say about these folks.

John, I'm glad they help you, but then again, all your doing is helping them. I guess they find it easier to let you clean up than look for someone else to do it. Although I truely appreciate the help you gave me, out of spite, I will refuse to pick up one bit of trash if I show up. I'll be too busy prepairing my legal defence.

By the way, I say we stick to the schedule of events. If it's not &quot;commercial&quot;, there is no problem with it, according to Charles P. Pope, Assistant Manager, Nonrenewable Resorces, Carson City Field Office. (775)885-6000

Old 04-30-2002, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Knutz, I feel for ya buddy, the Forest Service up where I live is a bunch of greeny wackos that like to dig quad-sized holes in the sand dunes where I ride in Alaska... all the hired help at that USFS are California and Oregon transplants... it sucks big time...

so, I do the same thing, I throw it in their face (legally) every chance I get...

Old 04-30-2002, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

I will take my vedio camera on all my rides and film all the action that happens on comp hill and other places just incase.Film evidance is very hard to dispute![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: U.S. Dept. of the Interior VS DS DAYS