CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

760 vs turbo Scooby?

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2002, 01:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Scooby, come to Aledo on the 29th and show that thing off. Even if it is running 70% it should still beat all the saturday stuff, LOL. The strip should be in prime shape for some good runs and the group of people that will be there are there just for the sport. Where else can you go where you are invited over and over again as close to home as Aledo. You will like it.

Old 05-28-2002, 09:45 AM
Elite Pro Rider

If you wanna run Scooby, you better do it before he gets it dialed in. When Scooby gets his ride dialed in, NO-ONE without a lethal nitrous boost, turbo, or supercharger is gonna run with him.....he could easily be over 150rwhp.

Old 05-28-2002, 10:16 AM
Range Rover

I heard that knutz! i want to see some proof to back up all this shmack talking. Ive owned my Ds for over 2 years now and every time i read scooby's posts hes always talking about dialing it in. well what the heck, i mean come on. sure your quad looks sweet in the pictures but i want some dyno numbers or some short video clips of him whoopin *** like he s always talkin. i know for a fact that the 760 is bad. but i wont belive it got beat until i get some proof.

Old 05-28-2002, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

I've been reading this post and all the others that have this drag race, powerroll 770 kit, Pami 760, Trinity 686's.

What a crack up, over a year and still not runing right? I wasn't dialed in yet, no point in racing with more boost. If there was wasn't any point in racing because of what you think we could all be winners. My bike has the best power to weight ratio STOCK. I could talk that up all day, but until I line up, it doesn't mean anything.

I wasn't there but bragging rights can only go to the person who raced, not to who thinks there quad is faster.

I checked out the Scoobys site, the bike looks great, in theory.LOL.

Can't wait for KOTH at FSW.

Smitty

Old 05-28-2002, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<< [i]

<< You have two power adders[alcohol and the turbo] >>

Just a question. Is alcohol really a power adder. I thought a power adder was something that changed the aspiration of a motor. That being said, I thought the three power adders were turbos, superchargers, and nitrous. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Old 05-28-2002, 12:38 PM
Pro Rider

Rockey:

Turbos, Superchargers and NOs all have the same thing in common O2 (oxygen.) They each add oxygen by either pushing it into the engine or in the case of NOs letting it flow into the engine through normal asperation except in higher concentrations. Atmospheric air is about 70% nitrogen. Nitrogen does nothing for the combustion process. Oxygen is what is needed.

Alcohol has oxygen in the fuel so it improves combustion by adding oxygen directly in the fuel.

Old 05-28-2002, 01:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I think my 686 puts about 58 hp to the ground. I think everyone inflates the numbers. But i am telling you that 58 is a lot, i do not believe that you can get 120 plus to the rear wheels. Stock is roughly 40 and to triple that. All dyno's give different numbers so we will see on the 29th.

Old 05-28-2002, 02:15 PM
Pro Rider

I just got back from Little Sahara O.K..,and we had a blast.Got to meet some cool people from the forums,and from all over.Buttfungus,Biggerisbetter,Hightower, Roostingonyou,scooby,and a bunch more.Let me just say right now,that the 760(Biggerisbetter) put the smack down.That was one fast 4-sroke,that will hall a##.I did see him run next to scooby,but after the start, scooby and his turbo wouuld back down off it.I talked to scooby,and I dont think that a turbo on a DS is such a great thing.Scooby never has that thing dialed in,and he told me that he has lost lots of ($) on the turbo DS.It does look realy cool.Their is not one more place to put anything on that DS,gages everywhere.But the 760 impressed me alot.We all lined up to run with him and he just left us in his roost.WOW!That thing flys.If and when I ever need to rebuild,that is the way I will go.There was another DS there that was running alcohol,that was also realy fast.WE all had a great time and there were alot of DS's there. Clif........

Old 05-28-2002, 02:33 PM
CED
Pro Rider

I was at Little Sahara saturday.I saw both bikes run.I must admit these 2 bikes have a lot of torque.They were both very fast.Hope to make another trip there soon.Later.

Old 05-28-2002, 02:42 PM
Range Rover

Nothing against Scooby, I didn't get a chance to meet the guy; but if I had the $$ to build up a bike like that, I'd make a triple effort to do all of my homework before I showed up to race. That DS of his &quot;looks&quot; like it should run away from anything! That fact alone makes it a target for anyone who thinks they may be faster.

He has already spent the gobs of $$ to build it up, now he should take the extra time and $$ to dyno and tune the bike to find out where the problems may be. Then finally take it out when it's running right. Don't go telling everyone how bad his machine is, and then go and use the races as a &quot;test and tune&quot; day. That just looks bad.

Quick Reply: 760 vs turbo Scooby?