CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

760 vs turbo Scooby?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 06:29 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I heard thru the rumour mill that a 760 put a whooping on the turbo Ds of Scooby. Is that true? I also heard that there was a fast raptor that could hang with the 760. That 760 was stout winning far more than it lost. This was at Little Sahara saturday. The raptor pilot would not disclose what he had done to his machine. (some raptor jockeys are just that way:frown[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] would have been nice to know what he had done. Any way is this all true? If so, GOOD JOB KNUTZ! That must be a bad to the bone 760, i will try to hid from those.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-26-2002, 06:35 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Scooby said in the yamaha forum that he has never been beat by a single cylinder 4 stoke. To this he said 10k to who ever can beat me. Any money change hands? lol

Old 05-26-2002, 07:43 PM
Pro Rider

hey mark i am back, i did not see the 760 race scooby but i was talking to the the 760 guy and he said he won every time and i seen him run a few and he might have had it tuned in then but i don't know if they will race again. i lost to the 760 by about 40 foot. the fast raptor had 12.5 to 1 piston curtis sparks exhaust and race porting and cams and fcr 35 mm carbs and 6 plus swing arm stock bore and gearing. he just bought it 2 weeks ago and it was already built. he wouldn't beat me that bad if he didn't get me about 10 on the take off. he was winning about as good as the ds. and i lost to another ds it was a stage one on alcohol. but it was fun and mine was running alright. i had to change my gearing back to stock because the traction was good . it looked good to i took that red rear plastic and put stars on the blue front and white stripes on the red turned out alright, you will probably see it. my fourth gear shiftfork is messed up kicks out about 25% of the time. later charles

Old 05-26-2002, 08:24 PM
Pro Rider

Was the 760 running nitrus?

Old 05-26-2002, 10:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Charles- good report! That last 40 feet equals about 10 more horsepower.

Old 05-27-2002, 12:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You heard wrong buddy!!!!!!!!! Where I failed was not having my stuff together in time.

The turbo makes more power and torque than his Saturday 760 setup. I'm not bashing the 760 or the rider. I hope to race again real soon when I fix a few things that went wrong. The 760 is fast but about what I expected, not 120RWHP, more like 80RWHP range.

Problem was, I was initially raced without my knowledge prior to dialing in a new setup. I was running in the 68mph range when I normally break 80mph. We tied once before I dialed in better.

After dialing in a little bit, I was racing drag banshees, but the 760 sat on the side and watched. I purposely didn't ask him to race cause there wasn't much point after I was dialed in (actually I was never dialed in). Give me credit for this. I could have been a jerk and made him race when I new I would win.

FYI: Most of the onlookers left before I was dialed in.

The guys who saw me run at snake hunt new I was not dialed in initially.

The controversy continues, but I was right, The turbo makes more power and torque!!!! I'm not bashing, you guys started this.

I never said I have NEVER lost a race by the way - I said I haven't seen a single cylinder 4 stroke (400EX, Raptor, DS, Cannondale) with more power.

More on this later.

Old 05-27-2002, 01:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Scooby- The 29th of june all alot of us are getting together in aledo for some fun. How about joining us? Raptorboy673 will be there as well as the 760 you ran in L.S.( if that is the one from blossom) saturday. My 686 will be dialed in along with a dozen or more modded quads. Hope to have more by that time. I am in the processes of road grading the dragstrip. We currently run 800 plus feet. I plan on grading off close to a 1/4 mile, but only using 660 feet. We all would like you to attend. I know that you should be the fastest on dirt, so you should not fear losing. Really it would be how close the rest of us can get to you. We are going to have a mobile dyno out. I will pay for your run, if you chose to run. There will be at least 3 DS there and i am asking 2 more if they would like to attend. The grill will be going and drinks in the cooler.Video camera will be running. If you just want to make some runs to

dial it in, come on. I would like to see your quad in action.
( i almost drove to L.S. just to see it saturday)Are you

interested?

Was the strip at l.s. 450 feet? If you need 1000 feet tell me and i will prepare the way you need it.

Old 05-27-2002, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer

Scooby, how about taking a 760 and doing what have done to it? Now that would have to be a bad *** setup.

Old 05-27-2002, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

Scooby,
When are you ever going to be dialed in, you talk the same crap every time you get on here. So what if you finally get it dialed in after 5 years and beat a 760, who cares. You have 5 times the money in it, you can't dune, your always broke down. I'll take the 760 anyday.

Old 05-27-2002, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

come on down scooby the dyno might help you. later charles

Quick Reply: 760 vs turbo Scooby?