CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

back from Utah!

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2006, 02:24 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default back from Utah!

Well actually I've been back since last wednesday, but too busy playing catch-up to get any posting time.

It was great to see everybody again, and also great to meet new faces!
Most of the Bomb guys I hooked up with were only there for one day at the mountain and most of them were in tune and test mode getting ready for DS Days coming up. So we didn't get the bike swapping time and racing and cam comparisons and all that in that we had been talking about over the past few weeks. But it was great fun none the less!

Good to see Annihilator, Majorecho, DSaholic, and SLC650 again! And great to meet Crackerjack, Viper, Marky, and Nate's father in law Conejo! Am I forgetting anybody? There were quite a few DS's there, I know I met a couple other guys too but its the middle of the night and I'm having a hard time recalling everybody I think.

There was about 14 DS's there at one point in time - the above mentioned names minus Marky on his Honda of course, plus me makes 8, then there was DSBOMB, his wife DSMAMA, Commander C from Dunereview and his son and his brother-in-law all on DS's makes 12, and a couple other DS's of non-forum decent I know. It was great!

SLC650 got his nitrous set up and was grinnin ear to ear from it, we were running up the face and next thing I know here he comes by me on the button, and all I could do was smile.

Then I took Majorecho's bike for a spin, and that smile turned into the biggest **** eatin grin I ever did have man! That bike is absolutely awesome man, I mean its amazing and that's about all I can say really. I mean the power is awesome no doubt, its super fast. 11K on the tach in 4th gear going up the valley and I was blowing by people who were halfway up when I started at the bottom! But its not just the power, its a great duner too, he wanted it to bowl with and bowl well it does. It takes the whoops very nice, and when you stair at it real close and pick it apart with a fine tooth comb all you can find is super craftsmanship and excellent assembly. The motor mounts and frame mods look factory, the bike dash is killer, and its all topped off with a stock Bomb thumb throttle. Its a very comfortable machine that rides as nice as it races to say the least.

My bike ran great after getting the jetting just right the frist hour I was there. The only issue I had was another dead fan, but that only hindered me on the slow trails so I just stuck to 3rd and 4th gear bowling and hillshoots and all was well. The new 14:1 piston was great, never have I wheelied so easily at that altitude, I absolutely loved it.
I pretty much tore up everything that Little Sahara Utah has to offer many times over in the 6 days I was there - the Mountain's valley and face and fingers, monster bowl, the wall, mini choke, power lounge, whatever had a name I spent particular time on. The fingers are a blast - halfway up in 3rd then kick down to 2nd and finish them off cranking around 9.5K on the tach with the front end floating the whole way up, very exhilerating. And the bowling out back, it was loads of fun. Plenty of wind kept everything track free and razored for every morning ride we took. We always take morning rides at 7:00am sharp every morning we are at any dune trip so we can have virgin sand, and we got treated right by the sand gods this trip cause every morning was perfect bliss.

Well that's about it for now, gotta get back to work...
Good to see you all, and see ya again next year, most likely St. A's!

Old 05-28-2006, 02:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default back from Utah!

Good to hear you made it back happy and safe.... good to hear the new mods worked out well.... good that you met up with some nice folks.... I'd say you got a winner of a trip in the books.

Old 05-28-2006, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider
Default back from Utah!

It was nice meeting ya Hightower. See ya next year at St Ann's.

Old 05-28-2006, 07:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default back from Utah!

Great ride report.I was waiting to hear how SLC650 was going to do with his nitrous system installed.I have a very similar build to his and i will soon be adding a Boss system and it sounds like it performed well.

Old 05-28-2006, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default back from Utah!

Hightower, good to see you and the flatlander fam again, you guys timed your visit perfectly, we have had region wide rain for the last 2 days and it's not over yet....kinda run us out of St. A's [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] but there will be other trips. Glad you made it home safe, see ya on the next one!

Old 05-29-2006, 03:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default back from Utah!

Good to hear ya made it back with no probs. Now us flatlanders need to hook up. See ya soon. RUSS

Old 05-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Pro Rider
Default back from Utah!

Chris,

Sounded like you had a blast. I am jealous. See ya soon at Silver Lake.

Old 05-29-2006, 04:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default back from Utah!

sounds like a good time was had by all! I too am looking forward to silver lake - should be a great turnout of DS owners!