CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

WOODS 45mm CARB???

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2002, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ya its the stocker.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2002, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

I have the RWR stage 1 kit. It came with the 45 carb, intake, throttle w/ cable, pipe, filter and CDI box. I love it.

I understand what some people are saying about the 45 being to big. I still think the 45 is perfect. I don't think I lost any low, mid or top end at all. It may not have the low and mid that a 42 has, but it's still better on the top end and mutch better than stock.

If I'm racing I'm on the top end any way and for sand surfing I don't worry about it and shift when I need to. Also if I pump up the engine any, I will already have the correct carb.

I would like to ride with someone with the 42, just to see the differance.

Good luck...

Old 06-08-2002, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider

hey guys i was running the 46mm lectron on my bike with the stock intake ported to match the carb.it pulled really hard and it felt like to me that it pulled harder from idle all the way through the entire powerband.i really loved the power gain,but i was having problems with it sticking.the funny thing was that the throttle was as smooth as silk when the bike wasnt running.but,as soon as you started it it was 3x as stiff on the throttle and that was when it started to stick on the bottom.i thought about a stiffer spring but then the throttle would really be stiff.sooo,i sold the lectron and went with the tm45 but i bought it through trinity racing.the said they would do the reserch as far as the jetting for my area and make sure the acc. pump was working.they said that the only tuning i may have to do is on the needle if any at all.this is the 1st time ive delt with trinity racing and they have been really great with helping me.i talked to aron for 45 mins. one night on my carb problem and not once did he seem to lose his patience with me,and trust me i asked him a thousand questions and answered almost all of them and the ones he couldnt,he did the next time i called.the guys at trinity seem to be a great bunch and will go out of their way to help you and if they cant theyll tell you who can.thanks for listening.

Old 06-08-2002, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

Interesting, I for one am very interested to see what someone will say is the difference that they felt between the two. I think if I ever do different carbs I will save the extra an go with a dual carb setup. Let us know.

Old 06-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

well if you must know the lectron pulls a little better than tha 45 but its made of a different metal composite and dose not disapaite heat as good as the 45 dose the 45 seem to be made of alum and the lectrons seems to be made of pig iron which is still considerd alum for all istensive purposes but it is very low grade i could be wrong but it dose not disapaite the heat as well and thats where i had my problems.not in the quality of the carb just the composite.its a 115 deg out right now temp is a factor in my world.

Old 06-09-2002, 03:55 AM
Pro Rider

Chop....I used the hdp billet thumb throttle on my lectron.I expericed the same sticking problem.When i pushed the trottle all the way forward the slide spring was not strong enough to return my thumb throttle all the way closed. So i orderd the heavy duty spring problem solved. The hpd thumb throttle is still a easy pull its a little harder than stock but not by much. Performance wise i think this carb is great! Did i mention that this carb is great!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I raced my first stage 3 ronwoods motor with dual carbs today [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] I got four bike on him at the top of the finish line[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2002, 01:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]lol

Old 06-10-2002, 02:21 AM
Pro Rider

hey the guy would not race me a second time! (hehehehe) Hey i thought that kinda cool.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2002, 03:12 AM
Range Rover

I DON'T THINK SO.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-10-2002, 03:32 AM
Pro Rider

I see why you think thats impossible,But its true! The dunes over here that we race up are steep and short.All botton end and mid. If we would have been in glamis on olds them im sure the out come would have been diff. He was fast but just not wear he needed to be his speed was coming on strong up top but by then it was to late. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: WOODS 45mm CARB???