CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Ok I cant figure this out!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 09:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So it is a angle problem? Do the aftermarket A arms make any difference? I was considering getting a set of the A arms but if they don't change the angle then there is no point really. I still think that I will go with the 5/8 in shafts and see what happens from there. Right now I can't really afford the grand for new shocks but the 200 to have mine rebuilt is doable. I am really interested in the A arms and if they change the angle of the shocks any ideas?

Old 06-19-2002, 02:44 AM
Pro Rider

wyoduner......ya well i got my lick's in on saturday and they where at ur expense. showin what a good raptor can really do... beat shee's and hopfully wax a ds!!!!

<< Oh, also go to the reader's rides section (under the PHOTOS button) to see a close up pic of Disturbed so you can understand how he got his name >>

]
what u talkin about willis??
and as for DEMONds... the 13th it is. its going downDemonDS vs. Disturbed600 ..july 13th @ Rock Springs dunes!!!!oh and goes the winner 500 bucks!

oh im lovin this!!!

Old 06-19-2002, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider

Beating Banshees.... Well, Ok. An objective observer might say hanging neck and neck or running close with Banshees but that's what the videos are for. Also an observant person might notice who always took off first to later get passed up by a Banshee. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Yes, your Raptor runs very well. I was impressed. I still wouldn't put any cash on this race with DemonDS though... Too close to call.

Anyway, I'll plan on the 13th of July for Rock Springs as long as something beyond my control doesn't pop up. You haven't been there before, right? Did you want to meet up in Cheyenne or Laramie or something and drive out at the same time. Are you camping or getting a hotel in town. Let me know what you plan to do.

Here's some links for our audience:

Style
Hill
Disturbed Looking

Old 06-19-2002, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

The 13th it is!! $500.00 it is!! I hate gambling like when I am in Vegas, I throw $20.00 down and lose it I think,&quot;There went a tank of gas.&quot; But this one I just cant resist. I know my quad and my abilities to race so I feel good about it. From the videos it does indeed look like a good race will happen. How would you feel about splitting it into 2 bets? $250.00 for the flat drag, $250.00 for the hill shoot. Best 2 out of 3 for both types. By the way, the races will be just Disturbed and I, I am sure we can find a few people, one to start us and one or more to watch for jump starts. It needs to be good races when that kind of money is on the line!!

After the races, we'll have a good time riding as well. For anyone who would want to come watch this race and then be in for some fantastic riding thats not crowded, come on up!!

Old 06-19-2002, 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

I will plan to attend. Should be fun to watch someone else loose their money.

Look forward to riding with you guys.

Bat

Old 06-20-2002, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Bat,

We never have hit the dunes yet so it should be fun. Maybe you could race him and get a little of the Raptor meat to eat!!

Old 06-20-2002, 01:00 AM
Pro Rider

Demon, I dont mind racing, but I will not be betting. If I felt like betting, I would go on a serious diet first.

Should be fun. Last time I was out at our dunes, the sand was so soft it was really robbing power. Also, the sun was so bright in the middle of the day it made it hard to read the dunes, or maybe I need to get my eyes checked. I almost had a few accidents. It was very hard to see.

I wonder what hill you guys will race. There are some pretty steep ones out there, but alot of them end in razors. Maybe by then the sand will change a little.

I look forward to riding with you guys.

I am really looking forward to this weekend and hitting st. anthonies. I think angry baja boy is heading up that way also.

Later
Bat

Old 06-20-2002, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

The hill I have in mind is the one on the backside of the parking lot. It's the tallest one out there I think, but the steepest one is by the pond. If it is super soft I might take everybody up to Dead mans drop and see who can make it out, last time a freind on a shee could not make it and man was it hard to get out.

I know what you mean by soft. I was hearing people say Sand Mtn. Nv was soft, yah right, not even close to as soft. Maybe well get lucky and some rain will hit sometime the week before. One time me and my brother got out there at like 6 in the morning and it had raind that evening before. The sand was glass smooth and traction was awesome. I think that still has to be the best day of riding I have ever had there.

I wish I knew a way to get rid of that sand blindness. My first time out, I was following a ridge, and all of a sudden there was no ridge and I went off of a 15-20 ft drop. I hit hard and thought I had broke my wrists and some ribs, amazingly I didn't wreck, thats when I fell in love with the DS's suspension.

Old 06-20-2002, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

Get some Orange or Yellow colored goggle for the sand blindness. It works for me.

Smitty

Old 06-20-2002, 12:39 PM
Pro Rider

DemonDS, yep the hill behind the parking area is a good racing hill especially since there is no razorback at the top... Of course you gotta watch out for the occasional &quot;nature observer&quot; who wanders over there...

I like the hill and flat area where you and I raced last time since it is LONG and you still have a decent hill to run up.

Hey, if you guys do make a bet the winner should buy the rest of the gang dinner that evening.... Good idea huh???

Speaking of sand blindness, there was a guy at Walden who ended up getting life-flighted out of there last week because he was hauling along and hit a ridge and just flew off his Banshee at top speed. Too bad he wasn't riding a Bomb or Raptor; he wouldn't of been going fast enough to get hurt. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ok I cant figure this out!