CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RAPTOR COOLING SYSTEM

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2002, 08:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When I first purchased my 02 Raptor last feb or so, I noticed the fan would come on after I shut it off and sometimes while I am idling. Since then I purchased a R4 Serries white bros pipe and jetted the carbs and I have never had the fan come back on since. Just wanted to know if any one else is having a problem like that? A buddy of mine also purchased a Raptor last month and he too experienced the same thing with his. He also went to the same pipe and jetting. I thought maybe the sensor goes bad after a few hard rides. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Old 06-18-2002, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

New Raptors are jetted on the lean side from the factory, so they run a little hot. You probably solved that when you rejetted.

My fan only comes on when I'm riding slow, a fast blast & it goes off.

BTW why did you post this in the Bomb fourm??

Old 06-19-2002, 12:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

THEMOOSE My buddy has a bomardier and he was on my PC at the time and I didnt realize it tell after I did the post. Oh well. Yes thats what someone emailed me and told me today about the rejetting.

Thanks

Old 06-19-2002, 12:38 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Oh come on moose don't you think us ds guy's would be willing to help a raptor.
it is important to us to keep you guy's healthy.SICK RAPPYS TASTE NASTY!!!!LOL.

Sorry just could not help myself.

Old 06-19-2002, 12:57 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hey there AZSAND, my buddy just purchased a DS650 Baja , jetted it, changed the front sprocket, new Alba Pipe and a cdi unit by ron woods and all I did was jet mine and an r4 and I still blow him away!! I all ways look back at him and wave at him to catch up, its funny, next time I will get some video..... Actually after he spent all that money he could have had a nice Raptor.. He even said so. Oh well, I am sure there are DS650 out there that can beat me so I am not going there.

I sure do like this forum,

Old 06-19-2002, 01:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

its proabably you some people just fit there rides and its all magic and for the most part a rappy will prey on ds's on hard pack the ds prey's in the sand.AIRGO dune shredder!!!!!

PS its is one of the classy'er forums out there

Old 06-19-2002, 02:00 AM
Pro Rider

AZSAND you crack me up!!
I thought the only time a DS could catch a Rappy was when it was sick!!

But really every DS I've raced has been pretty much neck & neck. I smoked a DS bad at the drags at Atoka, I'm talking 6~7 lengths!! I knew somthing was up. We talked & he said he was tached out in 5th when he crossed the finish line while I was in 3rd. I recomended he get rid of the Roosters he was using & try Haulers. Now we're neck & neck again!! I should have kept my mouth shut!!

The strange thing is as good as the DS should be in the sand I rarely see any at Little Sahara, It's all Raptors. I have no idea why.

Old 06-19-2002, 03:48 AM
Pro Rider

I have yet to have a DS beat me in a drag race. Most races are pretty close tho. I had some friends take an a$$ whoopin at Silver Lake last year by a DS. Banshewarrior and Hitower were there. I was unable to make that trip at the time. They said that the only mod to the DS was two new cams, but that was supposedly it. He even had the stock pipe on it. I guess he was beating the banshee and the DS (hitower) by several bikes?! He said that the cams were the single best mod to make to the DS for the money. I dunno?!

Old 06-19-2002, 10:26 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

We raced at Pismo Beach California in the Dunes, in the back there they have a flat stretch where everyone drags, last memorial day someone out there had a 400ex with nitro and it was beating everyone!! I cant believe someone would do that on a quad, but I would hate for the nitro to kick in when climbing a hill and you go flying off the tip.

Old 06-19-2002, 11:06 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You know i think its north south thing or is it a east west thing!i don't know but if you come to hunt glamis or the imperial dunes and stop and ask any dunner where to find the best comp.In four strokes they will ask you where you want to hunt.You say butter cup.They say old man on black ds[blackds]or is it red today who knows with reed.Or you say gordons well they say handsome middle age guy on fat ds[thats me]or if you say glamis they will direct you to another ugly black ds[roger bourgett]any way's you get the picture we kind of rule our dunes there are a couple of fast rappys but they only play the hill[weigth disadvatage thing]yes king thats a acknowledgement of you.so mabye its a reginol thing. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

PS most people don't know us but i will guarenty they have heard of one of us at one time or another.