CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Would anyone reccomend Pure Sport Bandits, and where to buy them.

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2002, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I need a tire that will hook-up in any situation, I thought of Holeshots, but I think I want to stay with a 20' rear for now, anyways. I am just getting rears, my Ohtsu fronts are fine. I looked at the Pure Sport Bandit x/c's, and a/t's

Does anyone have these, and would they reccomend them? I need something similar to the Ohtsu radials that wear better, and are less puncture resistant.

I need these to go to Aledo on the 29th, so does anyone know where I can order them from, and get them in time? I got my stuff in from Rocky Mountain ATV in only 3 days, so I might just order from there.

Old 06-23-2002, 06:51 PM
Pro Rider

I think you would be better off with the holeshots, the bandits will wear better and are more puncture resistant I guess, but they are lacking traction because they are too hard, also the lugs on them are not spaced enough. I had both and the holeshots are way better. Also I would say availability might be better with the holeshots or razrs.

The 22 inch bandits lugs are spaced further apart, but damn they gotta wiegh a ton.

I would order from rockey mountain also, they are good.

Old 06-23-2002, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just put a pair of 20" Bandits on mine yesterday. They get better traction than the Ohtsu's and look mean on the DS. They weigh 22#'s a piece so they are heavier. My next pair will be the Maxis All Traks. They hook up great in all conditions and are even better than the Bandits. I had them on my Polaris and couldnt keep the front end on the ground. They were also heavy. Both the All Traks and Bandits ar 49.00 a piece from rockymountain atv.

Old 06-23-2002, 07:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bandits better traction than Ohtsus? We'll have to put that to the test Rocky, on friday. If this is true, I'll be getting a set. We'll find that out at 5-Man. 5 men enter - only 4 leave - he who has the worst tire stays behind!
I have a buddy with 22" All Traks. They get super, super traction in the loose stuff, but are much more difficult to slide because they are so aggressive. Not available in 20"

Old 06-23-2002, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, well, the holeshot XCR 20x11x9 are $70 bucks a piece, and If I get holeshot's, I'm gonna get XCT's in a 22', which are also $70 a piece.

Hey Rockey, Pm me, or post here, and tell me how your bandits are. I don't need the best, most expensive tire out there, just something with good hookup, and good wear. I think Bandits fall into that category

Old 06-23-2002, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, yeah, I did some searching on the Honda forum, and everyone says that the 22in Bandits are really only 20.5in bandits, so I think I will go ahead and order the 22in ones, x/c with the Kevlar Belt, and keep the stock fronts

Old 06-23-2002, 08:33 PM
Pro Rider

I've got the Bandit's front & back on my Bomb. They seemd to have awesome hook up when they were new, but as the edges of the ***** have wore down/rounded off they don't seem to grab as much. They are approximately 1,000,000,000 times better than the Dominaters that came stock! They also are very durable. Haven't had a flat yet and they help protect the "I can't believe it's butter" rims from denting. Yes, they are heavy, but so is the rest of the bike. DS's have enough torque that you won't notice the extra heft.

Old 06-23-2002, 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

Cool, what bandits do you have? Would you reccomend the x/c with the Kevlar belt, or are the normal a/t 4-ply Bandits good enough?

Old 06-23-2002, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

I went with the 4 ply, non-kevlar 20"s. I've had it in some pretty rocky places and haven't sliced them. I stuck with the 20"s because it's VERY verticle where I ride and, having the stock exhaust, I didn't want to loose what little bottom end power I already had. If I had an aftermarket exhaust I would have gone with the 22"s.

Old 06-23-2002, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude, I had the Ohtsu's now for about a 3 weeks and really couldn't deal with them anymore. Although they were much better than the stock Kendas, they would spin through 3rd gear in the grass, I can't have my friends 400ex beat or tie with me because I'm spinning. Extra power means nothing if you can't hook up. The bandits are better , and don't spin as nearly as much. I really think the Maxxis all traks would be even better. The real problem with the DS 650 is the fact that the motor is too far forward thus not allowing for good weight trandfer to the rear tires on acceleration. On loose gravel or grass the Bandits will smoke the Ohtsu's. I have not tried them yet in the mud. That is where the all traks did great.

Quick Reply: Would anyone reccomend Pure Sport Bandits, and where to buy them.