CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What is the best pipe to buy for a ds650?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 03:26 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering about which pipe to get for my ds650. I was thinking about that white bros e-series slip on but then I heard about that new trinity pipe.Does the white bro's pipe make more power than the trinity one or what? If not is there any pipe that does? All help is apreciated.

Old 07-10-2002, 04:30 PM
Pro Rider

I dont think any one pipe is going to make a huge power increase over any other pipe.

I have not seen any dyno runs with different pipes for comparison and until someone will do a pipe shootout that is unbiased we will all be left scratching our heads.

I have a big gun pipe and power wise it was noticable, but not huge.

I am going to buy a trinity pipe and will do a comparison of them when I get it. I dont have a dyno, so I cannot do comparison runs, but the trinity pipe looks better to me.

One reason I want the trinity pipe is the stainless, it looks trick from front to back. The big gun finish looks crappy after a couple of rides.

I guess I just want a change. I think I would look at either the trinity, or maybe the yoshi pipe. I have heard good things about them.

I beleive that most pipes make large gains in the low to mid range power with slight increases on top. I would say that all pipes probably make within a few hp of each other if they are all dialed in properly.

Hope that helps some
Bat

Old 07-10-2002, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

I have the white bros and really like it. It comes with a spark arrester and the fit and finish are good. I noticed a power gain but like bat said all the pipes are close with the full systems making a little more power for a lot more money. I paid 269 for my white bros. so for the price it is a real good deal.

Just my .02$ [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2002, 05:40 PM
Pro Rider

I got the FMF POWER CORE 4. It comes with a spark arrester and the quality and finish are great. Noticed a good power difference after installing it and doing some jetting. After a couple of rides the pipe going into the canaster turns colors and matches the stock front pipe which looks awesome. Have not had any clearance or hitting problems either, which seems to be a concern with some pipes.

Old 07-10-2002, 07:19 PM
Pro Rider

I have the Ron Wood exhaust system and think that it is very durable and has very good power increases. But I just cant resist this new Trinity pipe so it will be so long Ron Wood. Unless this Trinity pipe wont clear my dual carbs.

Old 07-10-2002, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

RAAAANDY!!! We will find out REAL soon if the Trinity will clear your dual carbs. As soon as mine comes in, we'll try it out on yours!!!

...Behind, way behind, but not for long!!!

Boxman
2002 Baja, soon to be breathing, jetted, and whistling through my new Trinity pipe !!!

Old 07-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

I have The HMF slip-on you can get the spark arrestor and the quiet core and pipe for about $250.00 and that is even powdercoated in any color that they have, if you want it that way. Excellant Quality!! I recommend it highly!

Old 07-10-2002, 11:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

But I am wondering if that new trinity pipe is gonna get wacked by the swing arm when you bottom out like it did on my pro circuit t-4 pipe. so is the t4 the only pipe that is effected when it comes to clearance or are there more pipes getting dents in them too? If you have any info please tell me.

Old 07-10-2002, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

Not the HMF!

Old 07-10-2002, 11:17 PM
Pro Rider

My e series has never hit and I do jump alot.

Quick Reply: What is the best pipe to buy for a ds650?