CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Where to ride in this heat?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2002, 08:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I am looking for suggestions on where to ride where it might be cooler. Preferably in the utah, wyoming, idaho area.

I am going to be taking a trip for a week and looking to ride. I originally was thinking coral pink dunes, but it has been so hot, I am not sure now. Then I was thinking maybe st. anthony, but not sure.

I have also been thinking about maybe some of the mountain trails, but I dont know what is available and where to go.

Do you know of any mtn trail systems that would be open for riding?

Alot of the forest areas in wyoming only allow riding on designated roads from what I have seen. This is mainly the bridger wilderness area, I dont know about others.

Thanks for any input and suggestions
Bat

Old 07-10-2002, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider

Coral Pink, hot? Come on down here, I'll show ya what hot is![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2002, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider

No thanks Al, I am not sure exactly what the temps have been at coral pink, but it has been hot up here. I know we are not in the same league as you though.

But, 98 degrees is pretty hot for us. Dont forget we have to put up with negative degrees in the winter also. Just not fair. We are not supposed to be above 85 degrees in my opinion. Damn global warming.........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I was just thinking if I could find someplace that is a little cooler it might be better, but I dont know. I really want to check out coral pink. My other concern is smoke from fires. I dont know if it is a problem down there or not.

Thanks for the invite, but maybe in feb again.

Bat

Old 07-10-2002, 09:44 PM
Trailblazer

your best bet is to head to the mountains. the Paiute trail system is pretty extensive and you can ride from town to town and sleep in a hotel bed everynight if you choose. I have some property above cedar city (Duck Creek) and the daytime air temps have been in the 70-80 range and the riding is good if you can stand the dust. The biggest problem with that area (duck creek) is the lack of rain. The good thing about the Cedar mtn area is its only a hour away from Coral pink if you want to hit the dunes early in the morning and then mountain trail ride in the evening. The Cedar mtn area is not as big as the Paiute but there is some decent fishing and nice campgrounds. I know from reading some of his posts 3TV knows the mnt trails in that area pretty well and might be able to give you some trail specifics. The good news about the dust is July and August are the monsoon seasons so they might get some rain that will help with the dust if the lightning doesn't start the forest on fire.

Old 07-10-2002, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer

Dang I must have been typing my reply when 3TV was posting his. See I told you he knew the area pretty well.

Old 07-10-2002, 09:54 PM
Pro Rider

Hey bat! If you want to go duneing your only cool opption whould be in Oregon or St. Anthony. I don't beleive there are any other Dunes nearby you that will be tolereable other than those places. You could try riding up through LaBarge and into Grey's River area, that is really nice this time of year, just have to watch out for mosquitos though! There's plenty of awesome trails to explore out there. If you want more info about it P.M. me. Grey's River isn't that far from you either.

Old 07-10-2002, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

OREGON......aHHHHHHHHHHH nice!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 07-10-2002, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

3tv, I am sending you a pm.
and an email.

Old 07-11-2002, 02:02 AM
Pro Rider

I've been in Alaska, from Anchorage to Delta Junction, and now Fairbanks since early June and let me tell you guys, when we're old farts and retired this is where we spend the summers. You wouldn't believe all the fogies up here with their campers, trucks, trailers, better halves, and UTEs! They're everywhere...and I'm so fkg jeolous! Oh well, wishin my life away, homesick, miss my DS! Feel sorry for me...

Jim

PS--Oregon, Utah...sounds good to me!