CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

July 27th-28th, where are the fast DS's

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a 1/4 mile drag strip about 10mins away from my house that I've heard lets quads run every friday night. It is the Ennis Speedway, I'll have to check to make sure, but I'm pretty sure it does. It's NRHA track, and NRHA lets quads run. Saturdays (or maybe Sunday) is free drag nights, it would be fun to go up agaiunst some cars! I'll try to get some more info. ANyone interested?

P.S: I will have a new carb, and ported intake pretty soon, along with a gearing change, and I plan on painting my hubs. I hope I am running by then, if I am, I think I will be in.

Old 07-22-2002, 01:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Adam- check on that! It takes a fast car to out run a quad in the 1/8. Stock and slight modded camaro's and stangs can't do it.

Old 07-22-2002, 06:16 PM
Pro Rider

14mins I called Texas Motorplex and they said yes, quads are allowed to run on friday nights. You must have a leather jacket, long pants,shoes above the ankle, and of course a helmet. www.texasmotorplex.com is their site, has the calendar showing what fridays that they run on. I'm waiting on a reply to an email i sent to Texas Raceway in Kennedale, which is 1/8mile to see what they say because they didn't answer the phone.

Old 07-22-2002, 07:19 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Raptoridertx- follow up with kenedale. I would like to make a night at the track. It would be fun..

Old 07-22-2002, 07:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Chrissakes, you guys are lucky. All three big tracks near me just about roll on the floor laughing when I ask if I can run my quad. Usually they'll say "Run a what!?!?!" and I'll say "You know a 4 wheeler, ATV, quad" and they come back with a brilliant reply like "A what!?!?!". Even though the NHRA made them legal to run its the track owners discretion.

Old 07-22-2002, 07:25 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

This sounds like 14min is out for blood, or race gas at least, after the DSs won at his place.

Old 07-22-2002, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Let me just say that I CAN"T WAIT until saturday!!!!

Old 07-22-2002, 10:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

Well is everybody going to Rocky Ridge on Sat. I would like to come and watch. You know us Polaris owners are to slow LOL.

Old 07-22-2002, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider

what kind of tires do you run at rocky ridge? if its not sand my new set up probably won't work. how far away from dallas id it there? or the bigest town around it?

Old 07-22-2002, 11:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

WOW this sounds fun are there going to be any fast bikes or is this a raptor only event.LOL.then LMAO.sorry could not help myself [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: July 27th-28th, where are the fast DS's