CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hope she doesn't see the Credit Card bill.

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2002, 02:41 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I finally decided to take the plung. I have been reading and gathering advice for a while now regarding my mods and finally decided to go ahead and order.

It didn't hurt that I took the wife on a shopping spree this weekend and let her get whatever she wanted.

I want to thank everyone in here for all the great advice. A list of what was ordered this morning is as follows:

HMF slip-on (red)
RWR CDI
K&N Dynojet
Outerwear (so that I can run lidless)
High-lifter tach (so I don't blow up anything)

I already have the K&N airfilter. Next will be a 45 but that won't be for a long time.

Old 07-22-2002, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Hey man tell me how you like the RWR cdi box

Old 07-22-2002, 04:29 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

You're stepping into a whole new world.
Expect a LOT more on the bottom end.
If you still have the dominators then new tires will be a must to get this power to the ground. Then wheelies will be as easy as a 400EX....well, almost.

Old 07-22-2002, 04:50 PM
Trailblazer

Yep, still got stock tires. That's on the wish list too.

Old 07-22-2002, 05:56 PM
Pro Rider

What Sand tires do you run? I got as much gain in power going from Sand Sharks to Extreme Haulers as I did by adding a pipe.

Your quad will be easier to ride. You won't have to shift as often, now you can throttle through where you used to lug before.

What kind of price did you get on the HMF? My buddy is looking for a pipe for his Baja and is thinking of the HMF.

If you can take a digital picture of it let me know, I would like to see it.

Old 07-22-2002, 07:02 PM
Trailblazer

No sand tires yet, havn't had the need. Never been to the dunes. First trip will be Haloween at Glamis. I was thinking of the Sand Devils because I heard that they'll last longer. Not real sure yet.

I got the HMF for $229.00. The website HMFengineering.com says that it is $209.00. I guess they charge extra for the colored ones. You can check the post "Give me you opinions, Angrybajaboy posted a link of his Red HMF, that is how I made my decision.

Old 07-22-2002, 09:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey sandscum STOP!!!!! do not buy those nasty little sand devils.if you want to run glamis and enjoy it.Run a shaved paddle anthing else would be uncivilized.
skat trak makes a whole list of good tires!!and i have over ten sets of paddles all shaved. And all have at least two season on them and only one tore paddle out of the bunch[ps my buddies sister ripped it]they are very durable and you will love the hookup. Save the hard paddles for the cinders!!!we run the same stoming grounds i don't want to fly by you because you bought the wrong paddles. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-22-2002, 11:29 PM
Pro Rider

I realy like the looks of that red HMF. I see they rate it at a 5 hp gain. I thought it was prety much comon place to get around ten from a slip on, or am i just mistacken? Is that including a k&n or with stock filter and box? I plan to do filter, but most likely leave the box alone, when i do the pipe and am just trying to get all the info i can. I want the bigest bang for the buck poible.

Old 07-23-2002, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider

Excellant chioce my friend! You are well on your way to a heart attack!! LOL! Now, you just need to run a 15 tooth front sprocket with a 42 tooth rear and a pair of 22"x11x10 Extreme Haulers, loose that air box and you can pull wheelies in 4th gear and probably out run Angry's ride! LoL! Ask DSDude about the monster wheelies I was pulling in 4th out at Pizmo last weekend! Those Extremes are the best paddle tire out there!, bar none! Or at least that is my opinion. They will last a long time also, thanks to the Kevlar re-inforced paddles. Make sure you get the 9-paddles though, 10-paddles are 2 much unless you go with monster power like Scooby, and eight barely cut it. I gurantee you will love them. When you order them have them measure the diameter of all they have in stock and buy the smallest diameter set. Skat Trak has lousy tolerance standards so they come in a miriad of sizes. If you get some that are at 72- they won't rub the stock foot guards, maybe just a little when you bottom the bike out. They vary between 70 to 74 in diameter or something to that effect. The guy at Fullerton really knows alot about sand tires. Give him a call, he loves to chat! Anyway good luck and have fun.

Old 07-23-2002, 12:52 PM
Trailblazer

AZSand, thanks for the input. I'm still looking around, no plans to buy anything till late Sept. So what do you suggest Extreme Haulers?

PS I think that you'll fly by me regardless of what tires I'm running. Don't think the wife will let me spend anymore on mads this year.

99500 Scram, I think that 5hp is pretty standard for a slip-on, 7-8 for a full pipe. I think anything more than that is a little unrealistic unless their are other mods that come with it. Let's see what everyone else thinks. IMO the HMF slip-on is the best bang for the buck unless you want to spend $350+

Angry, already looking into those sprockets, those will be next. Then the 45 carb at a later time.