CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Relay's AND FANS DON'T YOU THINK WE SHOULD TALK TO BOMBARDIER

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2002, 03:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'M TIRED OR HEARING ABOUT EVERYONE I KNOW THAT OWNS A DS 650 IS COMPLAINING ABOUT HAVING TO PUT NEW RELAY'S AND COOLING FANS ON THERE DS 650 IF THIS HAS HAPPENED TO ANSWER TO THE FORUM AND ALSO GIVE BOMBARDIER A E-MAIL OR EVEN A CALL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 07-31-2002, 10:38 AM
Pro Rider

I agree we should do something.

DSWOLF.

Old 07-31-2002, 02:25 PM
Pro Rider

What is wrong with the fans?
I have had my ds for over a year and nothing has gone wrong with it.
Please fill me in.

Old 07-31-2002, 04:41 PM
Pro Rider

Marky...on your site where it is showing the Baja....it says something about it having a rubber mounted fan. Is this true? If so does it mean the Baja shouldn't have this problem?? Thanx

Old 07-31-2002, 08:15 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I know a lot of fans failed due to the wires being jarred off of the ends of the brushes inside the motor, which the '03 mounting system will help.

My fan, on the other hand, failed because I had to remove the heat shield on the back of it to make room for my old exhaust system headpipes, and then put the winding insulation into meltdown, which I confirmed with an ohmeter. Just a heads-up - do not remove the heat shield on the back of the fan.

At a water-wetter website they have a lot of technical info and lab test results that show their product really does make a difference. The only downfall for us midwest guys is that its effect is dramatically decreased with the addition of anti-freeze for cold weather protection - it doesn't work as well when anti-freeze is added. All this means is that we have to change fluid twice a year to take advantage of it.

Old 07-31-2002, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

I agree totally Brandon there needs to be a dang recall on em atleast so we dont have to spend ne money

Old 08-01-2002, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

I too have a fan that has gone bad. I got about 10 months out of the fan before it was shot. It sounds like there is sand in the bearings or the bearings are shot. Last weekend, I overheated due to slow first gear riding and no fan. I had to get out on the road so some air could get to the motor. There should definitely be a recall to fix this problem.

Anybody have an email address or a telephone number where Bombardier can be reached???

Old 08-01-2002, 12:42 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

Hey guy how would you like a frame that bends for no reason or a transmission that explodes or axel that bend on the site of something hard.what im saying is the fan is a minor problem compared to what most manufactures problems are!!!and im not sure there is anything they can do about it. I took mine off no problem!!!but i will admitt i do not trail ride.nature just looks better when your haulin !@ss! but to be honest if my bike was getting hot id be upset too!!later

Old 08-01-2002, 03:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

In addition to Water Wetter, there is also Engine Ice (which is an anti-freeze, and does notably help cooling like water-wetter) and '40 below' which I don't know anything about. Between the coolant solution and radiator shrouds, plus adding an inline water cooler, you really couldn't go wrong. Adding these other options makes the engine run cooler (a good thing, better than a hot engine with a fan cooling it anyhow) which pretty much makes having the fan obselete. I've kept mine on the bike since it still works, but it doesn't come on much since I added all of my extra cooling goodies.

Old 08-01-2002, 10:08 AM
Pro Rider

Blackhawk could you give me more info on the cooling system all the extra's you have added to make it run cooler

I FIXED THE RELAY FAN AND IT ONLY COST ME 10C

I Took some super glue and a Dime and wedged it in between the hook up and the metal to keep pressure on it and it worked. Tate if your next relay fan goes give me a holler and i will see whay i can do[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]