CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lectron carb setup??'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 03:25 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I bought Jbomb's lectron carb and I am having a few problems setting it up. I was just wondering if you guys with the carb could let me know what setup you are running. Power jet size. filter, and how many turns on the metering rod. I know it will not be the same but it will give me a starting point.

Also what kind of increases did you get from the carb because right now I see none. Infact the stock carb was making more power.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-05-2002, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider

This is how I did it and it is very important so it will make good horsepower. I saw a nice increase in power, my buddy has the same setup and loves it. Lean the metering rod down 1/2 turn at a time until it won't rev up crisp in your garage when you hit the throttle real fast. Then richen it 1 turn and it should be right on. The power jet is only for top end. I'm sure it will be a little off because our elevations are so different. Just keep playing with it, once you get it I think you will love it. A ported intake also helps.

Old 08-05-2002, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

I will try that and see what happens. One other thing I talked to kevin at fast by gast and he said to take off the longer tube from the intake to the carb. I also noticed that the metal tube in the hose did not meet up well with the carb creating a "step" which was holding fuel. Did you have this problem at all? The top end and mid range seem dead so I am thinking that there is somthing way wrong. I will be able to play with the settings some time this week and I will let you know how it goes. I hope I can get it setup soon I am looking foward to getting it right. Thanks for the help.

Old 08-05-2002, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think the step is going to matter, my friend did't even put the piece of metal in his. The length of the tube will give you a little more torque. At first mine was a little flat and it was because it was a little lean. I hope you get it worked out, Biggerisbetter knows how are bikes ran with that set-up.

Old 08-05-2002, 06:14 PM
Pro Rider

Did you mess with the idle screw on the side of the carb at all or is the idle set by the position on the metering rod? I messed with it a little but it didn't really help much. The bike a idle sounded like a harley it would kinda waver a little not real smooth like with the stock carb. Sorry for all the questions but I got real frustated yesterday plus the wind was terable so my "tuning" day got cut real short and we went home. Thanks again

Old 08-05-2002, 06:26 PM
Pro Rider

I never had to mess with the idle screw, but the carb does seem to make it run a little louder than stock. The bike would start much easier, no need for choke or use of thumb throttle.

Old 08-05-2002, 10:25 PM
Pro Rider

Also, I'm sure you know this, but the flat side of the metering rod HAS to face forward.

Old 08-05-2002, 10:30 PM
Pro Rider

I read that part but the tuning instructions were really confusing. I will try what you said about making it lean and then turn the rod one turn rich. How much change is there each time you turn the rod? Manbe I was just turning the rod too much.

Old 08-05-2002, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

1/4 turn makes a noticable difference. 1 turn is alot.

Old 08-05-2002, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

Well that might be my problem then I was turning it like 1/2 turns and 1 full turn and it was way rich or way lean so I will have to start from scrach. I hope it works I am excited to see what this carb can do when tuned properly.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Lectron carb setup??'s