CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Lemon Law?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 09:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have put my ds in the shop three times for the same problem. My fans keep breaking and after a few short blast the heat light comes on. The dealer just keeps fixing the problem. They aren't trying to prevent it. Does anyone know what i should do? I got it back and going to be going riding next weekend. Hopefully it won't happen again. Does anyone know if there is a lemon law or should i try calling Bombardier directly or what? Someone help!

Old 08-05-2002, 10:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Its possible the dealer you are seeing isn't installing the fan correctly, because of the three dealerships I've been to - only one in my opinion has proven to be properly trained and experienced.
The four corners of the fan that contact the frame need shims for a perfect non-distorted fit prior to tightening of the bolts, and if this isn't done then the fan will get distorted and bound and the blades will rub somewhere when it kicks on, especially after things heat up and expand. If this occurs, then the fan will surely fail.

Not saying this is definitely your problem, but its definitely a possibility worth looking in to. Is there another dealer near you that you could visit? I'd call Bomb like you suggested.

Old 08-07-2002, 01:35 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Another way to fix/help the problem is use products to help the machine get cooler in other ways, there are several types of coolant which do this very well, radiator shrouds, as well as inline coolers etc. Some people use these methods and have completely removed the fan for more unrestricted airflow. I use the coolant with radiator shrouds. Though I have left my fan on, it only powers up once or twice on the hotter days.