CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What ever happened to the missing motors and what ever happened to knutz?

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2002, 10:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont mean to bring up bad memories or anything, but I am curious if knutz is still in business.

And what ever happened to the missing motors. Did they show up or are the still mia.

Just curious, dont hear much about it anymore.

Bat

Old 08-05-2002, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

I'd like to know, too. Anyone hear anything?

Old 08-05-2002, 11:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]????????????

Old 08-06-2002, 12:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I talked to one of the guys a couple weeks ago - still no motor, nor any word on if or when he'll get it. He's still holding his breath, its been 7 months, a whole riding season down the drain. Hope it all works out eventually - better late than never...

Old 08-06-2002, 12:53 AM
Trailblazer

No news really I have been out ten months on mine lost vaction time since it was wasted Knutz hard to get ahold of I'm persuing legal action now I really don't have any other choice it really sucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2002, 09:44 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 08-06-2002, 12:45 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not far behind Oregon DS. I and our "missing motors" group have sent emails to Don, with no response as to "where we are with this current situation". In the last email we got from Don (7-19) he said he would hope to have a motor back by the end of the month (July), but no motor and no word of the current status. If he would at least keep us updated,(like I mentioned, 7-19,last response from Don) we (I) would not feel like would have to get an attorney involved to get any answers. I will try leaving a phone message today. I believe Don is trying his best to get our motors back to us, but the lack of communication I don't believe there is an excuse for.

You all have a nice day riding your DS's.
Wayne

Old 08-06-2002, 02:27 PM
Pro Rider

So, does he actually have the engines or is he replacing them or do you guys even know?

I feel for you guys. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Bat

Old 08-06-2002, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider

JS, yeah it is limited edition, not that it means much.

It is black and yellow (ds colors) with flame graphics and some carbon fiber looking plastic parts. Pretty cool color scheme.

I have been eyeing getting another banshee since I sold my 93 many years ago. I saw the 2003 limited edition and said the time has come.

I will keep checking out the ds board, but will be posting on the yammy site also. I am gathering info for the first round of mods.

Later
Bat

Old 08-06-2002, 10:21 PM
Pro Rider

Guys, I spent a little time talking to Don today. I needed help getting the dual 39s to run properly.

I've been told by some of the people involved not to get in the middle of this but I will say a few things.

None of the motors are totally missing just parts of them. They are not actually "missing" he just can't get them due to legal problems.

He was hoping that one was going to come in today.(parts needed)

What he told me is that he hopes to have everyone taking care of for Labor Day.

Quick Reply: What ever happened to the missing motors and what ever happened to knutz?