CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

i just helped BOMBARDIER

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2002, 11:01 AM
Mar
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe if Bombardier put all the weak parts the raptor comes with it would be 70lbs lighter and then for the 2 or 3 miles it would last it would be the fastest.

DS650s kick ***. Raptors are a just pure crap.

Disturbed660 You may have a fast raptor if not the fastest, but there is a DS650 out there that will pass you like your in your wimpy reverse gear. The Rotax engine is built better and stronger and can handle more mods and upgrades then the 660.

And dont give me that crap about towing DS650s with your Raptor, From what ive seen Raptors basiclly have parts falling off of them. Plus its not like your 660 will be able to tow it. Oh yeah thats right its the same WORK engine like the one in the Grissly, ok ill take that back you might be able to tow, that is if

2nd gear doesnt break, Axle doesnt break or bend, Suspention bushings dont squeek and rattle, Inferior starter accually is able to start the engine, or if the valves dont need adjusting, the creases in the plastic dont interfear with anything rolling, gas isnt boiling, 520 chain doesnt snap.

With bombardier you dont need to go to the aftermarket to build a reliable bike out of the POS that it came in stock.

Old 08-26-2002, 05:49 PM
Pro Rider

mar, The only thing I can say about your rant is your so full of **** your eyes are turning brown!!! LMAO!
I drag race my Raptor & am dead even with a DS with similar mods. I have had exactly 1 factory parts failure & that was a bent tie rod end after flipping down a dune.

So pull your head out of your a$$ before you suffocate! LMFAO!!!!

<< Oh yeah thats right its the same WORK engine like the one in the Grissly >>

So I guess you think a Dodge Viper is a POS since it uses a work truck engine

Old 08-26-2002, 08:37 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

<< I drag race my Raptor &amp; am dead even with a DS with similar mods. >>

Look whos full of ****. I hate to break it to you but a DS650 Baja will take a Raptor 10 out of 10 times in a drag and top end. A stock DS will even take a lightly moded Raptor. I know I got both. One of which works.

The Dodge viper engine is nothing like the truck engine. I should know I own a 2002 Viper GTS, The Viper engine is all aluminum and the truck engine is cast iron. THe grissly and Raptor engine are pretty much the same.

Dont BS me with the Raptor is the best BS. Anybody that is UNBIASED that will look at both bikes side by side knows which one is worth buying and leaving. A DS650 with 1200km on it still runs like new, a raptor squeeks and grinds and with any luck 2nd gear broke by now. Dont deny it because this is the case with pretty much all raptors.

Oh yeah but your light years ahead of the DS because you got Reverse. You need it to back out of the trouble you could get into with a DS owner. (Normally pretty big guys.)

So have fun Laughing your *** off because anyone that read my previous post and started laughing should be recommended to a doctor, that is if you dont have one all ready.

I just want to clerify somthing. Im in no way a raptor basher. I bought one. But Do not come to the bombardier forum to flame the DS650. The DS650 is twice the machine the Raptor is, ask any dealer about the reliablity of both machines and the answer will always be the DS is way better. It also has more power and overcomes the weight deficet. It can also out handle a raptor if the rider is heavy enought about 210lb. And the suspention make the worst trails feel like a freshly paved highway. Any previous raptor owner or Ds owner can see right thru your BS.

And to all the guys that modded a raptor, just think how much futher ahead you would be if you did it to a DS.

That is all.

Old 08-26-2002, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

<< Look whos full of ****. I hate to break it to you but a DS650 Baja will take a Raptor 10 out of 10 times in a drag and top end. A stock DS will even take a lightly moded Raptor. I know I got both. One of which works >>

First off I've only seen 1 DS baja at Little Sahara, OK &amp; I could go any where he could but he couldn't follow me up some of the tighter tree shots. HA HA I did it intentionally because I just barely fit through &amp; I knew he couldn't. I was just messing with him!
I have never seen a DS Baja at the sand drags &amp; with a DS with the same tires &amp; mods we are dead even. The RT usually decides the winner. Any longer than 300' &amp; the DS has an advantage becaues of it's gearing.
My Raptor works just fine, It has never left me stranded or out of commision.

<< The Dodge viper engine is nothing like the truck engine. I should know I own a 2002 Viper GTS, The Viper engine is all aluminum and the truck engine is cast iron. THe grissly and Raptor engine are pretty much the same >>

If you own a 2002 GTS you'd know that the engine is based directly off the V10 truck engine. Yes it's aluminum instead of cast &amp; has stronger internals, diffrent heads cam etc But all those parts will fit in a V10 truck engine because it's the same design.
The same thing with the Grizz &amp; Raptor, Same basic design with diffrent internals, Cam &amp; porting (I think the heads are diffrent) &amp; the Grizz is an automatic.
Do you Race your Viper??
I have a mid engine VW that I autocross &amp; always beat the times of the Vipers.
Here's a pic of my car Does that mean that my VW is superior to a Viper in all ways???
Of course not, I have the better power to weight &amp; better short course handleing. In a drag or wide open course he smokes me.
Do you have a pic of your car?? I like the blue GTS's But I saw a red one &amp; it was sharp too. Do you have the ACR GTS?

<< Dont BS me with the Raptor is the best BS. >>

When have I ever said that the Raptor is the best???
Do a search &amp; you'll see the closest I've ever came to saying that is that the Raptor is the best choice for me &amp; my type of riding.

<< a raptor squeeks and grinds and with any luck 2nd gear broke by now. Dont deny it because this is the case with pretty much all raptors >>

That is just stupid! I ride the hell out of my Raptor at the dunes &amp; in the woods &amp; do WOT starts &amp; speed shift at the drags with no problems. So yes I will deny it!! I am also meticulous with my matinence, I don't ride it hard &amp; put it up wet. Most people who do this has less problems.

A DS is a good quad but I'll kill it in the woods on my Raptor.
As far as I've seen with the same mods &amp; paddles they are even in the woods &amp; dunes.
The DS will beat the Raptor in the desert.

No 1 quad will be the best at everything if you think the DS is the best all around quad then you haven't a clue.
I know my Raptor isn't the best all around quad but it is the best for me &amp; my type of riding (there I said it again so you don't have to search for it)

Old 08-26-2002, 10:53 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

Yes the viper is raced, No im not the driver just part of the team. We also race in Cascar.

-

Maybe in the sand conditions you have your machine wont squeek, but up here in canada in dirt and mud the raptors or any yamaha will start to squeek.

I go a few friends that I would pay to watch someone beat in the woods. He raced a Raptor in the woods for slips, we all waited at the other end and the DS came out about 30 seconds before the raptor came out. Raptor driver was beat and almost crying that he lost his machine. But my bud told him to get lost and let him keep his machine. He was just out to prove a point.

Here is a little true and false.

DS650 doesnt handle as well as raptor - False, COrners like on rails with no front end dive or push.

DS Engine lacks Low end power - True, but midrange and top end kick in almost right away and its NUTS.

DS is only good in dunes - False, It accels at any type of driving, Better then most plus it the most comfy bike on the market.

DS weight hurts performance - False, it feel really light when your riding.

Dont buy into that magazine crap. All the arcticals are written by yamaha and unless you rode a DS dont make up your mind.

<< First off I've only seen 1 DS baja at Little Sahara, OK &amp; I could go any where he could but he couldn't follow me up some of the tighter tree shots. HA HA I did it intentionally because I just barely fit through &amp; I knew he couldn't. I was just messing with him! >>

Your lucky you didnt nick the trees, you would have totalled your rear axle for sure, and possibly popped of the carbs.

Old 08-26-2002, 11:01 PM
Pro Rider

Actually your both wrong. The V-10 engine in the truck was derived from the Viper not the other way around. Actually if you want to get technical, it was Lamborghini's desighn team that desighned the V-10. That was when Lambo was under ownership of Chrysler.

As for the Rapter VS, DS thing, it's a never ending battle. Round one with me and disturbed whent my way but who knows next time. But I think I will still be ahead and I know what he is doing!!!

Old 08-27-2002, 12:21 AM
Mar
Pro Rider

To my knowledge the viper engine was made by combining 2 extra cylinders to the 5.9v8 making a 7.4L v10. THen they just upped the size and made the whole engine in aluminum with stronger and better engine components. This engine is not a 5.9 im just saying thats how they started designing it, not to my knowledge using lamborgine developers.

Both the DS650 engine and Raptor engine did not originate from a ATV but rather a bike. So really there is no compairing them. I just find it funny how yamaha used the same engine in the grissly, normally race engines like the 650DOHC are not designed or ment for work. IMO bombardier is taking this more seriously making a diffrent engine for every application. A engine that best suits the ATV.

Old 08-27-2002, 01:08 AM
Pro Rider

Lamborghini's involvement with the Viper is a pretty&quot;swept under the carpet&quot; fact. I think you are right about how the motor came about, as the desighns are very simular, but Lambo did indeed come up with the motor. They gave it the goods LOL. I'm not argueing, just talking Viper's. Love them cars!!

The one thing I can see in the future, pure speculation on my part, is the opposite of what you just said. I see a a 400ish sport quad coming qith a version of the Outlanders motor in it.

Old 08-27-2002, 02:42 AM
Pro Rider

u DS people make me sick, if i hear one more reply about my axle or my carbs or anything im going to puke. but i know one thing... i have the first wave raptor w/ ALL the problems, and i have smoked every DS i have raced expected for 1 ( demon . thats like 30+ DS that have fallen to my raptor. i got a yoshi pipe and a k&amp;n w/ no lid and a 12tooth...its not modded to the hill and 1 by 1 they all fall!! now tell me y the rap isn't better then the DS??? the proof is in the puddin!!! ask demon or DSa about my rap
and for some odd reason i do get beat, i still know my ride looks way better then the others!!!!
peace im out....... and to all u DS owners T.L.D.F. ( tuff luck dumb f*** )

Old 08-27-2002, 03:04 AM
Pro Rider

hey disturd. Your axles is gonna bend, your carb boots are gonna blow off, and oh ya, your second gear is gonna go soon too [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] . You puke yet? LMFAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: i just helped BOMBARDIER