CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2002, 09:06 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As some of you may know I am working on becoming a dealer. Though I have been riding a DS for over a year, Bombardier wasn't my first pick. Bombardier's sales are just not up to the level that a profitable dealership needs in a small town. So I went after Polaris, Suzuki and Yamaha, none of which are represented here. Then along comes the Outlander and the Rally and I really think Bombardier is coming out of the woods and into the mainstream. The nearest Bomb dealer is 120 miles away, and the local scene is heating up pretty good with a new Iron Horse Harley shop and my new shop which should be open in December, just in time for Christmas. Looks like I will be opening with Polaris and Suzuki, with Yamaha, hopefully, sometime next year.
....I will be glad to be selling what I have been riding, I have a DS and a Baja, and think they are top notch machines. I'll sell the DS and get a Predator, but keep the Baja, and Skyler wants a Z. Gotta spread it around.
....We'll see how Bombardier is as a company, the application process sucks anyway you look at it. They look up your butt pretty good....It's one of those prostate exam kinda feelings... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 08-29-2002, 09:28 PM
Mar
Pro Rider

I was involved at a dealer when we started selling bombarider bikes. We sold yamaha, honda, and polaris. When we wanted bombardier they sent us a rep and he must have checked everything and we had to change some things. We needed a minimum number of replacement parts on our shelfs at all times and we needed to purches all the tools needed to work on there bikes affectively.

They are by far the stricktest and most serious company to work for. Most people walked in wanting a polaris or a yamaha and were right away intreged by the quest and ds. Anyone that ever bought one always came back a month or two later telling us how great it is and what a fablious desision it was to by that bike. Out of the 12 ds650 we sold non of them came back for service. THey never broke. Yamaha was in the shop the most, normally there kodiak 400 ultra and grissly 600.

Selling bombardier is a wise desision. You wont regret it. I no longer work for any dealership but from time to time i still go in there and they are very please and excited about the outlander.

Old 08-30-2002, 02:18 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Fourlix,

If you do end up becoming a dealership, do you plan to do any kind of mail order or internet parts sales? I've had decent luck with my local dealer and parts, but if I knew someone (hint, hint) who was opening a dealer I'd be inclined to send any business that way when possible. I figure someone like you would be able to connect customers with items like the $70 radiator fan instead of the $130 one. Oh, and since you've done so much extensive research on suspension, if you were able to resell things like that, I think you'd be high on the list.

PS: Anyone who can go on TV, and build a boat out of steel drums powered by a monster diesel engine has my vote!

Old 08-31-2002, 10:51 PM
Pro Rider

Congratulations Fourlix
We always need dealers that are also enthusiast. I will be in the market for a Suzuki Vinson 500 4by4 Manual shift in yellow for the wife in January. E-mail me when you are up and running.
Bearman