CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Skat-Trak...Haulers or Edges?????

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2002, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would appreciate all input regarding both...climbing, turning, drag racing, etc. How do they compare?

Old 09-11-2002, 02:12 PM
Pro Rider

The haulers are suppose to be awesome in drags and so-so in turns. the edges are suppose to be a good all around tire(decent in turns & drags). I guess it depends on what you are looking for, a drag tire or a all around tire.

Old 09-11-2002, 02:19 PM
Pro Rider

I use My Extreme Haulers for all my sand running.
They have the best hook for drag racing & hill climbs & turn reasonably well with the Mohawks on the front. It's a good all around tire.

I don't like V paddles on big bore quads, They spin way too much. Yes they turn much better but that's because they have nowhere near the hook that Extreme Haulers have. Some use the 10 paddle Edges & like them.

IMO Haulers are the sand tire to run.

Old 09-11-2002, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

I just picked up some 10 paddle edges for a really good price. They were used but still have 90% let on them. I was going to get the extreme's but ran accross this deal. I havn't had a chance to run them yet though.

Old 09-11-2002, 03:35 PM
Pro Rider

I would not buy another sand tire that is not an extreme hauler. I have tried the sand skate II's and they suck in my opinion. The regular hauler will fold under the weight of the ds, if you have to go over any hardpack. I love the hauler and feel that I can still turn with them very well.

My 2 cents
Bat

Old 09-11-2002, 09:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I own and use both. Hauler 10 paddles and Edges 8 paddles. Hands down the haulers work better for what I like to do. Drag racing on flats and hills. They just hook up alot better. The edges are great paddles for doing anything. Really good for shredding up hills and doing donuts cause they dont push the front end of the bike straight. There just not that great for traction off the line. If I could only own one I would choose the haulers. Next set will be the Extreme haulers with there taller blade and thicker rubber compound. They look to last longer.

For Drag racing the haulers are worth two to three bikes lengths for me.

Old 09-11-2002, 10:50 PM
Pro Rider

If haulers are worth 2-3 bikes, then I would be right on Jeffs tail[J/K]. I'm only 4-5 bikes back now.

I use 9 paddle Edge's under my 760, and don't get holeshotted too often. Despite the fact that my Edge's are rather worn [rounded off at the center of the V], and at the end of a +4 swingarm [so they don't get as much weight transfer], I can launch rather well and have to controll my wheelies.

It's my experience that a good V paddle such as an Edge or a Sand Skate II will pull about as hard as most straight paddles. In my opinion, size is the most critical point. Taller is better. Given the same size, you wouldn't be going wrong with Edge's, Skate's, or Hauler's. I recomend the Extreme Haulers due to the paddle design. The paddle hight is suposed to be the same, but the cup is more agresively shaped and stronger on the Extremes. I would have bought them [the Extreme's] but Scat Trac had run out of the prototypes when I asked them for a set befor the magazine shoot. They gave me the Edge's because they knew the regular Haulers would break under the DS. I've been rather pleased with the Edge's since then, but they are rather worn out, so I'm looking for something new.

As soon as I get my adapter done, I'll be running 8", .125 wheels, with double buffs and extreme paddles. 22" 10 paddle

Old 09-11-2002, 11:12 PM
Pro Rider

Box, this is Randy hoover.....22x11x10 10 paddle haulers. Thats the tire you want, Brandon Bettis has these and he's awesome.Later.
-HOOVER99x

Old 09-11-2002, 11:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from what i have ridden on and raced against in straght lines and hill climbs, and believe me thats a lot of quads, i have seen no better tire than the skat xtreme haulers. the haulers were the best for most apps till the tallers came along. they kicked butt. but with the new xtremes, it hooks up absolutely beautifully, the proper balance of spin and traction.

xtremes all the way. IMO of course

Old 09-12-2002, 11:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Knutz you have to remember that i'm going from an 8 paddle edge to a 10 paddle hauler. I have multiple races against my brother and cousin on there Raptors. With my edges i right along side of them. When I change tires it gives me the two or three bike lengths. I'm sure you know that ever bike and its setup reacts differently to every modification. I did not say that it would do it for every bike just that it helped mine that way.

Quick Reply: Skat-Trak...Haulers or Edges?????