CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

An extra $600 for destination and setup fees

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2000, 12:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quaders,
I just got off the phone with the local DS-650 dealer in my area. They have it listed at $6995, but heres the kicker. They want an extra $600 for destination and setup fees. IS this standard. DO I have to pay these fees if I do decide I want the Bomb? Did anybody else pay these fees for their DS650? Please advise. Im thinking of checking this machine out today or tomorrow, so lete me know ASAP. Thanks...

RoostKing...

Old 03-24-2000, 12:46 PM
Trailblazer

Roostking, these are ludicris amounts for setup and destination fees. I paid $6893.00 out the door and had to pay my own taxes because I bought it out of state. The taxes and ohv sticker in Idaho were around $300.00. I would have paid less if I had my cash down a dealer here in Idaho was holding hostage (I did get my money back it just took a few days), I should have only paid $6763.00 out the door but I had to pay credit card fees. I learned a valuable lesson never give a cash down unless the thing is sitting right there, sales people will tell you what you want to here even if they can't come throughwith a delivery. As usual I'm getting long winded, hope this helps. Daniel

Old 03-27-2000, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

Every dealer I have seen in this state charge some combination of destination/ setup fees. I have heard that Idaho does not charge this, or at least one particulard dealer there doesn't.

This "dealer prep" or "destination fees" is charged on all bikes, ATV's, watercraft, and snowmobiles. Prices are pretty much fixed between all of the dealers also. You are pretty much on your own when pricing a bike. You have to dicker with the dealer and make the decision on how much you are going to pay, what's it worth to ya. If you have an area where there is multiple dealers, you can test the waters with one and if they won't give you the price you want, go to another dealer and see what they can do for you. Having quotes from other dealers won't hurt either, even if it's only a verbal quote.

I usually can get away without paying for this fee, unless you are buying something in high demand like the DS is/was. They are only going to build 2000 of them this year. The dealer where I bought mine sold all four (mine being the fourth) in the first day that they got shipment of them. It took two months to even get one more.

Good luck.

Old 04-28-2000, 10:52 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

RoostKing, did you get your DS? When will you be going to Little Sahara?

Old 04-29-2000, 10:05 AM
Pro Rider

Out here in CT I puchased my ds for 6999.00 plus the 6% sales tax.It was about 7200 otd.I asked him why there was not all of those setup and all the other fees that most other dealers charge and his reply was(well I could tach all the fees on if you want me too)Then I thought to myself maybe its better to keep my mouth shut.The fact is he just wants to get these machines out there,he told me. So I would seach around until you get the right price you want to pay.The ds is not as hard to find anymore as it was a few months agoGood luck and dont let them rape you. Tim