CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Hunting Bengal Tigers in Vegas,,,,(riding Knutz's 760!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2002, 11:37 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, what pussycat! Tiger style pussycat I should say. Not those f@g magicians, I'm talking about Knutz's 760 DS! SSSmmmooooth, tractable power from idle all the way up as far as I could hold on. With a 4" extended swing arm to smooth out the power as it goes to the ground, this baby was power everywhere, the only limiting factor is how much you dare to dial in.
.....Don was nice enough to take me out north of Vegas to a kinda funky but pretty okay riding area, even had some small dunes, rocks, trails, even sandwashes. I got to ride for about a half an hour, and felt like it was the ultimate trail or dune machine, or anything you wanted it to be. This was a 760 Pami cylinder with the stroker. It also had a 48mm carb and what he described as a Race 1 intake with a Race 2 exhaust cam. (or was that the other way 'round?) Great combination whatever it was. I just can't say enough to describe the totally usable powerband, and professional results. Talk about a TIGER in your TANK!
I was initially put off by the stiff clutch pull, but got used to it pretty quick.
.....This is also a real testament to the Rotax engine and it's incredible potential. Gotta thank Don for letting me ride it. For any of you guys out there thinking about lots more power without giving up reliability, this is the magic ticket! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 09-27-2002, 11:44 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like a nice ride. Congrats on the dealership!!