CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

NOS results in the sand

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2002, 03:06 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS results in the sand

Well the first thing that I do want to point out is that Dsaholics DS is a runner. It is faster than mine by about 4 lengths on the average and I want to give him where credit is due. He was a real sport in racing me to see what the NOS can do.

I have moved something new to my list of add on's that was on the desired side to a necisity now. It is a plus six swing arm. The NOS is fast, very fast. I couldn't do a hard first gear start with it due to the front wanting to sky. After that it would come on hard and pull hard all the way. I would top the face at Snad Mtn in the top of third gear. DSa took a try on the saddle side and he hit forth and it was amazing, the best run of the day. I didn't know for sure if I should try forth because they say it is really bad to bog on NOS. I wish I would have now. I was on his and honestly I thought something was wrong with it because he left me like I was standing still. He will have to tell you what all he did at the top before he could even start to see the flag from me topping out. I would bet the length was somwhere in the 25 to 30 bikes range. Keep in mind this after he beets me by 4 lengths on a normal run. I did have one slight problem and I am not quite sure what to think of it yet but I will know soon enough. After the second run on NOS we went to my truck to get a drink and DSa noticed some green stuff on the motor. It was coolant and it was comming from the base gasket, it appeard anyway. Not alot just a few drops, we cleaned it up and it didn't appear again through the rest of the day and 2 more NOS runs. One thing for sure though, I want to get 5 lb bottles. I got 2 and a half runs per bottle was all. It works out to be pretty much $4.00 per run. The saddle we figure to be maybe a hundred feet longer than the main run on Sand Mtn NV.

Major, I will take the quad in the morning, hadn't unloaded it yet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Angry, saw the results and I think what makes it faster is that it has a good clutch, I hear alot of people say they have clutch probs and mine doesn't even slip under NOS. I have stock springs even. Thats the only thing I can think of that maybe makes them special. I did get beat by another DS that the guy claimed he only had a K&N in the box, no lid, a CDi, a big gun pipe, and 15 th front sprocket. This guy was hanging pretty close with DSa, I have a hard time believing that but ya never know. I will have to PM you for some other stuff hehehehehehe.

Old 10-14-2002, 03:11 AM
Pro Rider

Kick @ss![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2002, 10:59 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

WOW!!! Great results, DEMON.

Do you still have you stock set-up?(internally)

25 bikes....Thats STUPID FAST!!

Biggerisbetter.

Old 10-14-2002, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Nice times!!!

Old 10-14-2002, 03:42 PM
Pro Rider

DemonDS, good report.!!! Glad to hear everything went well. I can think of one "disturbed" person who won't be to thrilled with the results. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2002, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Yep it is all stock inside as of now. The lengths are no joke, I am hoping DSa pipes up here and backs it LOL. I will put up some pics tonight after work, so you can see the run we were doing.

I forgot to say last night, it was pleasure meeting Sandgod and his bunch, we met before but never really introduced ourselves.

Old 10-14-2002, 07:18 PM
Pro Rider

what size shot are you running? bottle pressure? i made 10 300+passes on a two .015 jets and i only have a 2 pound bottle. just curious. i like my plus 6 swing arm

do you have the timing backed off? are you running stock compression ratio?

i am doing more research after melting a plug and blowing out my carb diaphragms[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2002, 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

Raptorboy.
been there, done that (on my buddies raptor)!
make sure you have a fuel pressure guage!!

Old 10-14-2002, 09:02 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Demon:

Man am I jelous. If only I had been a little quicker with the check-book. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

I am leaking coolant every trip now on my DS (no internal mods and no NOS). Not enough to have to re-fill the expansion res. but, enough to make a mess.

Since I have to replace it I might as well put in the high compression piston, cams, valve springs. And, since I will do that I better get the carb and clutch springs.

Only question is which head??? Ron Wood about $1800, Sam Coe about $500 or TVI about $2800 (including springs and cams).

Old 10-14-2002, 09:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: NOS results in the sand