CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Should I be upset?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2002, 04:22 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should I be upset?

My local shop wants to charge me almost $80 to drop in valve springs for me. Now I know exactly what this involves and it is not worht 80 bones. I know these places make money hand over fist so why do they have to rape us on the small stuff also? Should I be upset or is that just the way of the world?

Old 10-15-2002, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

I wasnt clear. I have the head off and the old springs out. All they have to do is drop the new ones in!

Old 10-15-2002, 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

Sounds like they are charging you 1 hr of labor probably the mim they charge

Old 10-15-2002, 05:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would ask them what there Per-hour labor charges are. Even if it is $40, does it take 2 hours to put in the new springs???

I had an experience like this a couple of years ago. The shop I always delt with from the time I bought my first ATC told me that if I needed any tires that he could beat anyones prices. So I decided that I would but a new set of Dunlops for my Magna. He told me $250 and he would mount them, Wel it took 7 months to ge the tires then he Charges me $100 to mount them on my bike. After waiting 2 more weeks for him to get them mounted, he hands me my invoice, I asked him if he remebered the price he quoted me at $250 mounted, and he says yes, but he had more trouble mounting them then he had thought. SO I was stuck paying a $100 labor.

Well to make a long story short, I immedailty got pissed and reminded him that I have been doing busness thier for years and considered him as a friend(thats why I refered alot of busness)to him. But the ALMIGHTY dollar ment more to him that day. SO I was satisfied, with the RED,IMBARRASSED look on his face in-front of a full store of other potential customers when I pegged him for the BULLSH!Ter he was and walk out and NEVER went back, even after an apology from him.

Sorry Antwain, I know that s not what you were asking, But I still get pissed about crap like that!LOL(had to vent).

Biggerisbetter.

Old 10-15-2002, 05:18 PM
Trailblazer

I changed mine my-self PM me and I help you change yours.

Old 10-15-2002, 07:02 PM
Pro Rider

thanks to mom and pop shops you still can get good service. I helped the guy and he only charged me $5!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I gave him $10 and a thanks for being reasonable! 20min job.
I know that somethings are more technical and that is where the price comes from. But not this.

Old 10-15-2002, 07:28 PM
Pro Rider

$40 a hour! I think my local shop is charging 50 or 60 a hour...Thats why I do almost everything my self

Old 10-15-2002, 10:40 PM
Pro Rider

I had the same problem two years ago when my dirt bike engine was being rebuilt I was supposed to have it by June 21st but they kept saying that they aren't done and other parts got back ordered which was B.S. and then they said I would have it by tommorow and it was never ready and then they said they had it done but they tested it out and the whole bottom end was all torn up(which was bull because it was a brand new bike that just needed a top end)so I had to pay for something they broke and finally I got it back in August to find that a month later my water pump seal had not been put in right or something and I need to get a new top end again. But I never went back to that place again. And everyone around here says the same thing about the same shop but they are still getting some good business.

P.S. If you live in New Jersey never go to Wheels MotorSports it is the worst shop around and they over charge.

Old 10-15-2002, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

My local shop charges $75/hr with a 1/2 min.

But it seems like everything takes at least 1 hr.

Old 10-16-2002, 02:38 AM
Pro Rider

Vance & Hines only charged me $20.00 and it took them less than a half hour. You should just invest in the tool like I am going to do because I can qurantee you you will be in to those valves again a few more times during you ownership.

Quick Reply: Should I be upset?