CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

can't get DS650 ro run

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2002, 11:48 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default can't get DS650 ro run

Go read his useless post entitled Raptor? and you will see why I posted the smarta$$ comment. My brother has a DS and I like it not as much as my Raptor, but that is my personal preference he likes his DS better and that is cool. As far as racing stock for stock they are very very close either could win depending on the holeshot, I won more because the stock ds tires were terrible out of the hole, but right now mine is faster because I have more done to it! I just posted that after I read his stupid post in the Yamaha Forum, look who's stirring the POT one of your very own!

About the if the weight was equal comment... If a cow had ***** it would be a bull! But it don't and it ain't!

Nocando

Old 10-21-2002, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: RaptorRider660R
See if Yamaha will take it in trade on a new Raptor! I doubt it but it's worth a shot!

Nocando
YOU BETTER WATCH WHAT YOU SAY ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S 4-WHEELER LITTLE BOY

AS FAR AS MORE BANG FOR THE BUCK THE DS IS THE ONLY WAY

I EAT 686 RAPTORS FOR LUNCH

IT DOSEN'T MATTER HOW MUCH STUFF OR MONEY YOU PUT IN TO IT HE CAN PUT TWICE AS LESS IN THE DS AND WALK ALL OVER YOU

Old 10-21-2002, 04:30 PM
Weekend Warrior

That is how i timed it, both cams facing away from each other, and the piston at TDC. It's getting spark and fuel. But I couldn't get the marks on the sprockets to line exactly up but it was has close as I could get them. I heard that Rotax engines have to be timed exactly right or it will bend valves? I also checked the valve clearance's and on the intake side there was no clearance and on the exhaust there was way to much. I went to get valve shims but BMW says they think if have bent valves if there that far off. (I do have a manual) Thanks for the help.

Old 10-21-2002, 04:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Are you at the TDC on the right stroke??? You could be 180 degree's off.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 10-21-2002, 04:43 PM
Weekend Warrior

I was told it didn't make a difference. How do I find out if I'm on the right stroke?

Old 10-21-2002, 04:51 PM
Pro Rider

Bang for the Buck? Let me see the Quad cost's more to start with and the major mods cost more for a DS than for a Raptor. I'm sorry your broken English is hard for me to understand could you translate this into english for me
TWICE AS LESS IN THE DS AND WALK ALL OVER YOU
What is twice as less? Is that the same as half as much? And sorry but I must be the oldest little boy around age 38. If you would read the entire post you would see why a busted on your fellow DS buddy! My LITTLE (both size and age) brother has a Big Yellow School Bus and they nor You and your's scare me...LOL

Nocando

Old 10-21-2002, 05:32 PM
Pro Rider

Hi, I am only 16 and I think I am even mature enough not talk trash about anyone(unless they deserve it) Stock for Stock who knows who would win. Some say the raptor others say the DS. All in all its good competition I don't think people should be argueing over whos is faster, its like saying my dad is stronger then your dad. I like raptors and DS's and if I were to get another 4-stroke it would be the raptor.

Old 10-21-2002, 05:43 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Angry- I am going to lay this down for you very nicecly so you don't get bent out of shape about things again. The only reason that anyone said anything about this guy is because he said, in the Yamaha forum, he beat every Raptor......you get the point. We didn't just pick this guy and say Ooo he looks good lets trash him. You said all this like none of the DS owners come over and start anything.

I don't come on the Bomb forum to trash talk, unless it is mutual(sp?) like me and DemonDS. We both understand that it is all in fun and it is kept in one post. I come on here because there are alot of very enthusiastic people in here that like there quads as much as I do. I have gotten alot of help in here for mine from people like AZSAND, Rockey, and Hightower just to name a few. I like to ride the dunes and there is alot of talk about dune riding in here compared to the Yam. forum.

I hope this cleared things up for you and the rest of the people that thk we are bashing this guy for no reason.

WARD660R

Old 10-21-2002, 05:44 PM
Pro Rider

Yes they are both great quads, Even in my first post I said nothing bad about his quad. I was just busting him for the post he put in the Yammy forum. I personally am not loyal to any manufacture. I have owned a quadracer 500, Honda 250R had a canibal. I like them all I was just JOKING!! because of the post he put in the Yamaha Forum. Later he posted he was just Joking to bust one of his buddies and that is cool, if he had posted that in the first message I would not have even replied. Do not get upset once again it was a JOKE! I personally like the DS even if you do not like My Craptor!

Nocando

Old 10-21-2002, 06:16 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Yes, it does make a difference what stroke your TDC is at.

I'm sure thier are plenty of MORE qualified people to help you(since I have never had my Head off), But I know that it sounds like you are 180 degree's off in timing. BUMMER 50/50 chance.LOL!

Anyway you want your spark plug to fire when both valves are closed(compression stroke). It sounds like the engine is fireing when the valves are lets gases in and out,Thus the blowing and sucking your feeling. my.02

Biggerisbetter.

Quick Reply: can't get DS650 ro run