CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What do you guys do in the winter?

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2002 | 10:54 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default What do you guys do in the winter?

Just thought that i would see if anyone else rides sleds in the winter. I just bought a new 151 800 RMK vertical edge polaris. I know jetsnow rides sleds. So how about it any other duel sport riders out there?

Old 10-31-2002 | 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

well i can't afford a sled so i have skis for my ds, next winter i may buy tracks for the rear, i saw a pair and they look pretty sweet,

Old 11-01-2002 | 12:03 AM
Range Rover

Where did you get your ski's from??? Do you have a pic with them on??? Thanks!!!

Old 11-01-2002 | 12:17 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I ride four-wheelers 12 months a year. Here in central Indiana we don't get much snow, and when we do it doesn't last too long. The weather just goes up and down like a yo-yo and snow doesn't get to stay for too long when it does fall. I mean it snows often in the winter, but usually just a few inches that melts before long. The DS does great in a few inches of snow - its a blast! Just gotta work to keep it clean, can't let ice and snow stay on it you know...
I like riding the sand hills of the Badlands when they're snow covered - its pretty much the ultimate for winter here.
People here with sleds have few opportunities to ride them, unless they go somewhere north on vacation.

Old 11-01-2002 | 12:44 AM
Pro Rider

I plan to take up snowmobiling as soon as I get out of college and have enough money to get one. During Christmas break of my freshman year some neighbors took me up to the mountains and I was hooked. I've managed to borrow a sled and go with them at least once every winter and spring break since then. It was a tough choice this year between buying a DS or a sled, but I got the DS because I'm only home for five weeks when there's snow in the hills. I'm from central Washington, BTW.

Old 11-01-2002 | 02:24 AM
Pro Rider

the winter.... i hate the winter......COLORADO blows....it has been snowing 4 days non-stop.....im going to kill somebody!!!
can't work, can't ride...(ground is still to warm, mixed w/ snow.....lots off mud) can't do much of anything.....but stay inside w/ the lady all cuddled up!!! that will keep u warm and kill time till FSW!!!!!
maybe i do like winter!!!

peace

Old 11-01-2002 | 03:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I am origanly from the North so don't think I am full of it saying this. I have ridden before the last time was on my Grandfathers brand new Polaris, it had never been in the snow before I got on it. Around his house there are real wide ditches, I was just going along rocking back and forth in the ditch. I was having a blast then a light pole decided to jump out in front of me. OUCH, I broke off one of the skis, broke the hood, and something in the under the hood but I don't know what. I ended up with a hair line fracture in my arm. As I said that was the last time I was on one.

How much do they cost new anyway?

Old 11-01-2002 | 04:55 AM
Pro Rider

Hey DSa, one of these days I will have a phone again....did you get it yet or they still putting it together? OHHH are you still thinking of hitting LS one last time next weekend? Since I STILL dont have the garage, I wont have mine tore apart yet. So I am game if you are! going to go up anoth ten HP this time too!!

Old 11-01-2002 | 07:43 AM
Pro Rider

I ride a Yammi Dlx 700 in the winter (mother nature willing) but she can be a B!tch at times like last year. Otherwise some of the trails up here are dual sport but not many. Also if it snows I get to plow the driveway, If that don't satisfy me I help the township out with the road. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. The atv is fun but it is just not quite the rush of the sled and there are more places for sledding.

Old 11-01-2002 | 09:46 AM
|
Pro Rider

Well Ward600 they are kinda like 4 wheelers the price varies depending on the type and cc's. The mountain sleds are the most and they range from 7 to 10 grand! You can get used ones for anywhere from a grand to 6 or so. Then you have people that have just too much money and the sky is the limit I have seen sleds with 1500 cc tripples on NOS that put out 450 HP!!!!

Demon I think if we go to the dunes it will be next weekend just for a day. I have to work this weekend and winterize the trailer so this weekend is out. I pick up the sled monday I can't wait to get it. Anyways I hope you get a garage soon and a phone.

Quick Reply: What do you guys do in the winter?