CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

What do you guys do in the winter?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2002 | 10:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default What do you guys do in the winter?

I hibernate during winter.

I have never been on a sled, but they look fun. I try to hit the dunes at least once. Last year was dumont in feb. I did little sahara once in january, it was cold but after riding for awhile it was not too bad. Pretty fun actually.

I will be hitting glamis of course this year. Not too much riding in between but once here and there. I just cant afford to have the quads and sleds also.

Have fun with that new machine.

Later
bat

Old 11-01-2002 | 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

This is the time of the year where I FINALLY get around to finishing up all those household chores the wife has written down for me....

This winter it's Glamis for FSW so at least that's not too far away.

Old 11-01-2002 | 12:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

this time of year is SNOWBOARDING SEASON . the quad may come out here and there but ill be up in the mountains all winter long . tearing up some fresh powder .

so any one else in here ski or snow board ???

Old 11-01-2002 | 01:11 PM
Pro Rider

Fall and winter is when we finally get to do most of our riding. They shut everything down, seems like ALL summer, because of fire restrictions. We kick it off with our (postponed from 10/27 because of fire restrictions still being in effect) Ghost & Goblins Poker Run and ride till they shut us down again in the spring.

Best place I've ever been on a sled was in AK, Hatcher Pass! Someone else's sleds, of course. I can't afford both toys. Ski's are affordable though, so we do that (when not riding) up at Mt. Ashland. Too much fun.

Old 11-01-2002 | 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Dude, winter is DUNE SEASON![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-01-2002 | 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

ur funny....its kinda hard to ride the dunes when they r covered by 2 feet of snow already!!!

i guess i'll have to go else where for my dune trills!!!

peace!

Old 11-01-2002 | 07:08 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: VEGAS650
Dude, winter is DUNE SEASON![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
I agree, I need a personal plane that can fit a couple quads and I could fly in and out for those winter weekend trips to dumont and glamis. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Maybe I can talk the wife into that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

bat

Old 11-01-2002 | 07:46 PM
Pro Rider

i ride year round here...well, up until my ex cant go anymore. im buying my friends 81 yammaha something sled for 100$$$, so i will be able to be out even when theres 2 ft of snow.

Old 11-01-2002 | 08:37 PM
Pro Rider

SNOW?!?! Ya know I don't think Ive even seen a sled in real life..... What can I say, don't get out of the South much! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Ride year 'round, don't have to worry about much, it just gets a lil chilly down here in SW MS

Old 11-01-2002 | 09:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Ride, then ride some more. Dunes here, dunes there, dunes everywhere. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Mixed in with some good ol desert rides.

Quick Reply: What do you guys do in the winter?