CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

RWR Stage 2 and Stage 3

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2002, 12:41 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RWR Stage 2 and Stage 3

I just hate to lose. I raced a shee a while back and got clocked at 94mph at the end and he still beat me by about three bikes and also beat me out of the hole by about 2 every time . 3 times he told me it was just piped and had a K&N which I know was BULL!$%&. I just hate to lose to a shee in front of everyone when I beat all of them except for him.

Old 11-14-2002, 11:15 AM
Pro Rider

last year i was running a stage I kit @ little sahara and did ok against some shee's and other machines, so this year i thought that i would go to the stage III kit and kill'em all!! not the case. running down there against the guys that race on the sand alot ( i drive 900 miles twice a year) was an eye opener! stockish ds side by side with my stageIII? but i tell ya there is alot of little tricks that go along way is this type of racing. hole shot! hole shot! hole shot! talking to these guys about rev'ing way past 9-10-11 thou rpm,short short gearing. like any type of racing you need to ease into it, find some of the fast guys talk to them learn the tricks (pure alky stock ds wow) i know my stageIII is alot stronger than my stageI but you need to set-up for the type of performance you want,hard to be all around the fastest at everything! next trip down in the spring hope to have some more for the fast guys!!! live and learn.

Old 11-14-2002, 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

quadman i don't think that a stage one on alky can out run a stage 3. i have seen stage 2 bikes go 5.5 at atoka. and i know that a 3 is faster. i only have a stage 2 from RWR. i hope to soon have a 3.

modDS650 since you live in a cold place i would stay away from alcohol. i would do what you pocket book allows. the stage 3 will lose some VERY LOW rpm pull. it is intended to be raced. reved high all the time. it is still very ridable. alcohol makes a bike have alot of lowend power. so when riding them they seem alot faster than they are. all bikes run fairly close for 100 feet then HP takes over.

Old 11-14-2002, 07:38 PM
Pro Rider

14MINS- IT'S 4.9's NOW IN 300 FEET!

i think with a couple of changes for next year it will be running 4.8's

Old 11-14-2002, 08:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey do like the stage 2 and was it worth it meaning did you see a big increase in power. It just seems to me 1800 for a port and valve job is alot of money and was just wondering if you get a proportionate amount of power out for the money. And do you need stage 3 to see the power out of stage 2?

Old 11-14-2002, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

i can tell you you get what you pay for.

the stage to works well. a stage 3 will rev up and make more power at higher rpms. i have a bike that i was running a stage one with the stock pipe and when i put cams in it it picked up a couple MPH in the 1/8. i haven't got a chance to run it with the woods pipe in the 1/8. i think it will run alot better with the cams with it on there.

i think there are about 4 to 5 HP different in the stage 2 and 3. to some people thats not much, but it has alot better curve than the stage 2. my motor has extras and has about the best power curve i've seen. it only has stage 2 parts but the other mods. my motor right now makes about 10 more HP than a stage 3. with alot better curve. my motor at 11,000 RPMS makes more power than a stage 3 at peak if that tells you anything. i have broke alot of parts doin this so a normal stage 2 isn't going to be talked about as one of the fastest ds's. with a stage 3 head i can get even more power.

it all depends on what you want. you will never beat the banshees and they will always be someone faster.

Old 11-14-2002, 10:02 PM
Weekend Warrior

So what mods do you exactly have done to your DS to get 10 more HP than a Stage 3?

Old 11-15-2002, 12:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

ModDS650,

I can vouch for DSmikes quad running ALOT better than a Stage3. I have seen it time and time again. I also know that he and his dad have well over a hundred hours in tuning and Combination set-ups. Steve and Mike have accomplished amazing results with the DS so far, and they haven't gone BIG BORE or STROKER or NITROUS yet. Though I dont believe Steve or MIke will tell us "exactly" what they have accomplished with their DS in two minutes what it took them Months to work for.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

The good news is, we have people like Mike and Steve working on the DS.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 11-15-2002, 01:15 AM
Range Rover

QUADMAN650 SAYS:
IF YOU NEED PROOF PM 650MANIAC HE SAW ME REPEADTLY BEAT THE GIRL AT LITTLE SAHARA WITH THE RON WOOD STAGE 3 AND ALSO JUST BECAUSE SHE IS A GIRL DOSENT MEAN SHE CAN'T RIDE THIS GIRL CAN RIDE

Old 11-15-2002, 08:03 AM
Pro Rider

if your talking about haley, she had a blown headgasket roostfest weekend. she was getting beat by her boyfreind which only has a pipe and rev box on gas.

when my bike was running 5.4's at atoka we where locked up. who ever could get the start would win. she also does NOT run the bike hard. i have riden her bike many times. i think that bike can run 5.3's at atoka on gas.

Quick Reply: RWR Stage 2 and Stage 3