CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bombardier Quest XT ATV Switch Kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2002, 11:57 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bombardier Quest XT ATV Switch Kit

Thanks you to everyone involved in this forum for providing their insight and comments that let me to the purchase of my first ATV. I chose a Bombardier Quest XT 650 and am really enjoying it. I have a question about the Warn winch switch mounted on the left fender. My question is do I have to disconnect this switch to mount the Warn toggle switch on the handlebar? Can't I just leave that switch on the fender wired as it is and add the handlebar toggle switch? The 1st instruction in the installation instructions is "Remove Existing Winch Switch". As one that questions authority, I don't want remove it unless it makes sense to do so. Any expert or near expert advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Old 11-16-2002, 02:16 PM
Pro Rider

You made a good choice!, I have a 03 Quest XT, and I really like it. I have a Moose County plow for it, and a leveler drag. As for your question, CanadianViking should be able to help you out there, as he has 2 Quest XT's (02, 03) and has added extra accessories to them. Enjoy![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] You can talk to him on another ATV website that he frequents often about your question, also you can talk to "Bombertech"- he is a Bombardier technician. He is on that site as well. PM me and I can tell you the website they are on, as well as a few others.

Old 11-18-2002, 11:25 AM
Range Rover

UARDS,

Congratulations on the new Quest! great choice, I think you will be very happy with it.

I upgraded the Warn 2000# winch on my 2003 Quest 650XT to 2500# with the Warn upgrade kit.

You can leave the existing switch in it's original location, but you do have to disconnect it (my understanding is that the wiring isn't rated for the increased load) and run the new wiring. BomberTech is my dealer and he does some really nice installations of the Warn remote, either placing it in the side of the instrument cluster (opposite the 12V adapter) or in the hole made by the original (fatory) rotary switch. You can see a picture of my installation here:

http://groups.msn.com/CanadianViking...oto&PhotoID=10

Cheers,

Old 11-18-2002, 11:26 AM
Range Rover

oops, my mistake, I see that you were actually referring to the handlebar toggle switch, not the 2500# upgrade (with remote switch). I would check with BomberTech to be sure on the wiring requirements.

Cheers,