CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Vees or Extreems?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2002, 02:16 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vees or Extreems?

Currently running sand sharks which are excellant if planting potatoes or if digging trenches is your thing. Would like to upgrade to a better vee tire but can't decide if Skat Trak Edges would work better, or just go for the extreems due to the fact that their thicker, last longer, and just learn a whole new way of turning. Are the paddles on the edges to light weight for a DS and tear paddles off in no time, or is that due to ridding across asphalt and rock hard stuff? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2002, 02:41 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I went from Sand Sharks to Extreme Haulers and didn't notice any difficulty in turning. Go with the straights, they will offer more hill climbing improvements. Do you ride trails or a fence line when you dune (like the Pismo Fence Line?) I didn't notice any difficulty riding the fence line at Pismo with my Extremes either.

Old 12-03-2002, 02:52 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Since we have a pretty good group of people from the LA area you should see about borrowing a few different sets so you can decide how they feel on your machine. I'd let you try mine for a spell & I bet you could get Tony to let you try his out for a couple of runs, maybe just cook up some dinner for him, hahaha.

Hows that sticky third gear doing these days anyhow?

Old 12-03-2002, 08:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

all the people i ride with use a hauler type, haven't noticed any trail or bowls that cause a problem,

Old 12-03-2002, 12:48 PM
Pro Rider

I just switched from 20x10x10 10paddle Edges to 22x11x10 9paddle Extremes. I tried them out last weekend at Pismo. They work GREAT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
No more getting left behind at the line and having to play catch-up. As far as turning goes, I had no problems. I would change to a 15t front and depending on your wieght a 42t or 43t rear. I am running a 15/40 combo right now, but I wiegh 265 and my DS seemed to lug a little when launching in 2nd gear. I read on another post that you can run the 15/42 combo using your stock chain that is what I am going to try. Hope this helps!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-03-2002, 11:44 PM
Trailblazer

Hey Chris whats up? As you can see Iam reseling with what better paddle tire to upgrade to. Just seems to me the DS gang seems to lean to the extremes more than the vees. I think the weight of the rider has to be taken into consideration. Sence I weigh 235, I think the extremes might help pull my fast food addicted self around a little better. I do think the vees would be a better all around tire if I were lighter. Also my Baja has only been at the shop two days and I'am waiting for the diagnosis. Its under warranty, but who knows what they'll come up with. Keep in touch.

Old 12-03-2002, 11:59 PM
Trailblazer

What's up Scott, got a question for ya, do you still use your stock heel guards with your 22x11x10, 9 blade extremes? I think I read that some folks don't have them hit, some say they do or trim off the ear of the heel guards? Would going to a 20x11x10, 8 blade work ok with a 15 tooth spocket keeping stock heel guards?

Old 12-04-2002, 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

I run 22x11x10 8 paddle Extremes & they work great!!
I have Mohawks on the front & it turns well but not as easy as Edges do.
Raptors & DS's have a lot of torque, The V's will do a lot of spinning. I rode eRaptoids quad with 10 paddle Edges & it pulled pretty good but there was a big diffrences.

IMO Big engines need straight paddles & Extremes are the best!!

Old 12-04-2002, 12:56 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the reply Moose, are you running stock heel guards if so any clearence proplems with the 22x11x10 extremes?

Old 12-04-2002, 01:01 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Bombastic
Thanks for the reply Moose, are you running stock heel guards if so any clearence proplems with the 22x11x10 extremes?
Yea but I got a Raptor.
I've heard that 22" Extremes on DS's need aftermarket heel guards.

Quick Reply: Vees or Extreems?