CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Help me help the missing motor guys, Please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2002, 06:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me help the missing motor guys, Please!

get er drunk free!

Old 12-04-2002, 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry Don, but if what Organdonor says is true, then he is in the right. As a business you should expect caneled orders. You can't expect the customers to cover the cost other than maybe restocking fees.

Organ, did you buy another motor, is your original still at knutz? So he has your old motor, cams, springs, etc.
Don needs to bite the bullet on this one and send your stuff back minus a restocking fee, so to speak.

JMO

Old 12-04-2002, 08:47 PM
Pro Rider

tell me if you have a crank, i want a bigger motor Don. or any lighten parts. i will take them off your hands.

Elite Pro Rider

it seems don knows the ds as well as anybody, and it would be good to keep that experience around. so it wouldn't do don any good to sell parts and not follow thru. besides his rebuilding might need to start one sell at a time.

Pro Rider

Now I would like him to pay me for the parts I ordered, time I spent, and shipping that I had to turn around. When and if he ever pays for the services he asked me to perform, I will gladly send him his motor that is sitting here in my shop.
You want to be paid for the parts you ordered, the time you spent, and shipping???

Sell the friggen parts, you wasted his time so that is a wash, split the cost of shipping. Both of you need to GETABONG

Simple [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2002, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

What Don said I owe him is a small amount. If I was wrong, the money that Don would get from me isn't enough to free a set of cams. The thing is I know I'm right, and I don't give in when I'm right. I don't know Don, Don is not my friend, it's business.

Both of you need to GETABONG
No bong needed! I got hard liquor! One burbon, One Scotch, One Beer![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2002, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The king has a good idea, WE NEED ideas, if you want to look at it a different way, look at it as helping the missing motor guys, I talked to Dune Devil today, it is his 1 year anna. that his motors are gone. Besides all the $ he put down. Also can you put a price on a riding season? I don't know what we can do here, so any ideas would be great. I know we like to goof and joke on the forums, I know I do, but this is serious, there are some guys from this forum that are out a lot of $$ because of this, other than take Don to court, any Ideas ? Like the king said, IF we got some type of collection going, we would have to make sure the$ went toward getting the motors.

Thanks
Wayne

Old 12-05-2002, 12:08 AM
Elite Pro Rider

How much money does Randy owe??? If i pay what he owes can i have his motor????? The check will be in the mail.

Old 12-05-2002, 12:17 AM
Pro Rider

Well since my $350.00 is the reason that Don went out of business I'm sorry but first lets get a few things out in the open. On Jan. 12, 2002 I called Don and asked him if he could build me a 760 and have it back to me before the last weekend in April (because I had my vacation planned to go to Little Sahara that week)and he said "no problem". So on Jan. 15, 2002 I shipped my motor to him using second day shipping just to be sure that he got it in time to get the work done(and this set me back about $200.00).
On Jan. 18, 2002 I called him to make sure that he had recieved it and he said that he had it and would get started on it right away.On Jan. 25, 2002 I called him to get an update on everything and he said that he had a plumming leak and had been running all day trying to fix the leak, so I said that I understood and would check back in a few days.The whole week of Feb 4-8, 2002 I tried to get ahold of him every day and no answer. So finally sometime in the middle of Feb. I got ahold of him and he said that his daughter had been sick and that he had been spending all of his time at the hospital but he was back on the job now but he still hadn't uncrated my motor.Finally at the end of Feb. he took my motor apart and shipped it to Germany and still told me it would be no problem getting it back in time for my trip.Pretty much all of March I called and got no answer and he never returned my calls.At the first of April I finally got ahold of him but he had no news on the motor and said to check back in a couple of days. So finally in the middle of April he answered the phone and said that he was expecting a shipment of motors at anytime and that mine should be in it.On April 19, 2002 I called him and he said that it should be there that day,and I asked him If he had talked to Team-Pami to confirm that the shipment was on its way and he said that he hadn't spoken to them yet.So when I get off the phone with him I get on the internet and get Team-Pamis phone number and call and talk to Gottfried about my motor and he said that he had no way of knowing which motor belonged to who because they had no name with them.So I told him that mine the initials SKM engraved on the cases and he said that he had the motor there at his shop and that he hadn't started on it yet because Don didn't tell him that it had any priority.He said that he was out of some certain parts and wouldn't be able to work on my motor for at least a couple of weeks.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]So I went to Little Sahara for a week with no quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]When I get back from my trip I called Don to check on the progress and still no word,so I tell him that it's no hurry now just so long that it's back in time for my Memorial Day trip to Little Sahara and again he said that it would be no problem.Finally at the first of May Don receives my motor and says to give him a couple of days to get it together.On May 10, 2002 I call Don and he says that my crank isn't true and that he is going to have to take it to a local shop and get it trued,but he knows a good place and they will do a good job.He is still promising me my motor in time for my next trip and that he will overnight ship my motor to me if he has to.From May 13-16 I talked with him everyday and he said that he was waiting on my crank to get back.Finally on the 16th of May he got my crank back and said that he would have it back together and second day air it to me and I would have it back on Saturday May 18, 2002.Friday May 17, 2002 I talked to him and he said that he was finishing up and was going to ship it to me that day and have a overnight Saturday delivery,and I told him that when he figured up my total bill to call and let me know what it was and that I would wire him the money.He called back and said that he was about to go and ship my motor and that my total bill was $5800.00(because we had done some trading on some cams,piston ect.).And i told him that I would get the money on the way.After he went and shipped the motor he called me back and said that he had forgotten a few things and that my new total was $6300.00 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]So I check around and for him to overnight Saturday deliver my motor it would cost around $350.00 and he said that he was going to pay that a couple of days before. So I wire him $6000.00 just to split the difference and be fair.
Now he says that I wont answer his e-mails or pay him his $350.00 [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] I have e-mailed him several times and told him that if he would send me a envoice and prove to me that I owe him the money for the work and not the shipping that I would gladly pay him what is owed but he wont answer any of my e-mails.
So what do all of you guys think about the situation and what do you think I should do?

Old 12-05-2002, 12:37 AM
Pro Rider

plumbing leak! Whoo Hoo! Another lame excuse to add to the list of Dons misfortune

Quick Reply: Help me help the missing motor guys, Please!