CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Help me help the missing motor guys, Please!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2002, 12:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me help the missing motor guys, Please!

LOL, I had a pm a few months back from Don saying randy owed him money. I saw randy at Atoka a few weeks later. I told him his buddy sent me a pm claiming you owed him money. Randy was pissed when i told him that. I would be too if someone was in my business. Randy told me the same story that i just read. Sounds more than fair when he added a extra 200 to the price. Knowing randy i am sure if you (don) send him a itemized bill he would have paid the rest. You (don) have his phone numbers, mailing address etc. WHY would you post that crap on here. It really sounds like you were trying to fleece the guy for a few more bucks. You did a great job on his motor but ruin it all on crap like this. You take to dam long, promise crap you can not deliever and then try to make people look bad!!!! I think you need to check the math again Don. 6300 dollars for what???? A 200 piston, 400 dollars worth of cams, 200 for springs etc. Did you supply the fcr carbs??? What about the machine work that randy did for you????? I guess you should have charged Don the Pammi rate on those things Randy. Again Don i would think that Randy would do the right thing at the time. Why did you not send RANDY a itemized bill????????? MAYBE BECAUSE THE BILL WAS NOT 6300 DOLLARS??????? YOU ARE WHINNING NOW DON AND TRYING TO BLAME OTHERS FOR YOUR LACK OF BUSINESS SKILLS CHUMP. NOBODY RUINED YOUR BUSINESS EXCEPT YOU DON. if 350 dollars would get everybody all there stuff back lets take up a collection on here. I know randy would feel bad knowing he was the reason Big Wanye spent 1500 more than he owed and the other missing motor guys are screwed.

Old 12-05-2002, 12:53 AM
Pro Rider
THEBOM Racing. If it don't scare you a little, it's not going fast enough !!!

I have not hear from Don since 10-28-02,and it was a message sent to more than one of us. He has had my first motor since Sept 02. I have offered to help any way I can to get through these problems. No response. If my 2 motors are still laying around, like I think they are ,I would just like them back. I'm even willing to work out a payment plan to get back my $4200 deposit. I told him not to be his own worst enemy. I'm still trying to work through this for Don,but Its time to get something done.

Thanks
J Ross

Old 12-05-2002, 01:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider

thebom- i feel sorry for you!!! Out 4200 to a weassle. (not a sand pig) good luck, i hope you get your stuff back.

Old 12-05-2002, 03:59 AM
Trailblazer

Don,
It sounds like the people with missing motors would like it if you would talk to them and be 100% honest. Explain where their motors are, ( in Germany or in your garage) And if they are in your garage let them decide if you should ship the motors to them or wait for you to try and get them finished. Most of the motors have been gone for a year, they probably just want the motors back and worry about the money later at least then they aren't out more money for replacement motors thinking they will never see there motors again. Sometimes you just have to be honest and say I made some bad choices and try and make it right even if it takes you a while but dont keep putting the blame on other people. You are the one who took the jobs on and you are the one to blame for the missing motors. This should have been taken care of 9 months ago, because you knew then that you were not going to be able to hold up your end. At least answer your phone or return the calls to the missing motor people and tell them the truth for once about where there motors are and let them decide what to do with them. They are all very understanding people because if they weren't you would be in court or in jail by now.
David

Old 12-05-2002, 05:14 AM
Pro Rider

This is pretty much the reaction I expected to recieve.

I was confident that this would not actualy help anything, but in an effort to get Wayne paid back the money I owe him, I thought I would try anyway. I own up to my dept at least and will get him paid back [as well as his motor], one way or another.

Randy and Ron both know the truth of their own situations. The each know that what they posted for you all to read is a distortion of that truth. I will admitt, they each included a bit of the real happenings in their story, but they count on the fact that my credability is poor to make themselves not look like the dis-honest people they are. They are not the reason I haven't gotten Wayne, James, and Jeff thier motors. They are not the reason I went out of business. They are a small sample of some of the things that went wrong to make things as bad as they are. They are not even the worst of the offenders that created the finacial hardship I'm in, but they did contribute to it and they are in the forum for you all to hear about.

I'm not putting "the blame" on anyone but myself. As the owner, I'm ultimatly responcable for everything that goes wrong.

As you can see, I am just looking to get the customers that I owe, their money. If Randy could pay Wayne the $683 [not $350 like he claims] that he owes me, it would at least make a dent in my dept to Wayne. Randy got the bill, he just had no intention of paying it. If Randy felt he was entitled to some sort of discount because things took to long, why didn't he mention it to me instead of just cheating me. I probably would have given him a break. As for Randy sending me e-mails about settleing his bill, he knows it's not true.

As for the price of the motor [14Mins], you can look at Team Pami's web site or ask any of the other owners of 760's with race heads, it aint cheap. The only reason his bill was as low as it was is because I credited him for the machine work and his used parts. Maybe I could have done it half assed, and not trued the crank[I didn't charge him for that] and sent it out like a different shop, talked about in the forums, did to another customer. Or maybe the motor wouldn't be as expencive if Team Pami didn't do anything to ensure reliability, so it could blow up like AZSands's did. [By the way, I'm really sorry to hear about that AZ] On that account, I've only had one motor failure that was not the owners fault, and Team Pami and I covered the repair, no questions asked.

If Ron had said "No" when I gave him the estimate, then I would have bit the bullit on the labor for the tear down and parts research. I then could have put it all in a box and sent it back. Instead, he told me to go ahead, only to cancell his order 3 days later. In those 3 days, I ordered transmission gears and shaft, counter ballancer gears, and other assorted parts from Bombardier. Special ordered parts that I was not able to cancell or return. Parts like these are not exactly sold every day, so I can't just "sell the fickin parts" to recoupe my money. I had also shipped out other parts to Team Pami. I was able to turn the shippment around to avoid doubling the shipping costs, but I still had to pay one way. I was willing to negotiate something to get me the money due[at least some of it], and Ron his destroyed motor, but Ron felt that he had the right to screw me and I didn't have the right to cancell an offer that he knew was way too generous. I don't have the total in front of me [I'm in a friends office, working] right now, but when Ron wants to pay me what is due[plus return shipping], I'll be happy to send him the remnants of his motor.

I would like to thank those of you that read this thread with an open mind, although I see that it was a futile effort.

Randy, Ron; you each know the real deal. You'll reap what you sow, as I know I will. I'm at least trying to make things right.

To who ever it was that stated the guys waiting on their motors are very understanding, You could not be more right, and I appreciate them for that.

I've got to get back to work.

Old 12-05-2002, 07:47 AM
Pro Rider

Don,

Since you won't take my calls and you won't call me back, I guess I have to do this here.

I know that my motors are in the USA. DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH THEM. Once you can give me a call or take my call, I will tell you what to do with them. We will also figure out what to do with the money that I have paid you.

If I do not here from you, I will continue to use the public forums to conduct our business.

ONCE AGAIN, DO NOT DO ANYTHING WITH MY MOTORS

DuneDevil

Old 12-05-2002, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Don I will be happy to tell the Real storie....UNDER OATH.

Like I said before, If I was out to screw people wouldn't I have screwed TVI? You need to face the fact that YOU are the one that caused all your problems. Everyone knows about all the business promises you make that you don't follow through with. Don you know why I canceled my order, you gave me very poor service, like I said, I don't put up with that kind of crap. I work hard for my money, as everyone else does. As customers we deserve fair treatment, not empty promises and lame excused on why the service is late or not performed yet.
Don you know my phone number.....
717-738-3467 home
717-572-5908 cell
and if my money is breaking you so you can afford to call, my aol sn is:
MullenaxIV
This is my last post on this subject, I have said my bit.

Good Day
Ron

Old 12-05-2002, 12:29 PM
Pro Rider

$6300? sheesh, is the piston made of friggen gold? I too would like to see some itemized receipts. WOW

Old 12-05-2002, 12:40 PM
Range Rover

Just out of curiosity...WAYNE...do you have your motor yet?? Did it ship last Friday?? Has Don responded to you personally about it...or just trashing "other" customers?? I don't understand how "someone" could go "riding" at Dumont with out finishing past, current, & promised commitments. I do have to agree with the King...What IS the bottom line for EACH missing motor guy to get his motor back?? Don still has not said "Where" all the missing motors are. Is it safe to assume at this point, the missing motor group just want their motors back??

Old 12-05-2002, 12:43 PM
Pro Rider

DON- Please let us know what the status of each motor is and what needs to be done to get them to the rightful owners. Everyone here is willing to help, but we need to know how.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Help me help the missing motor guys, Please!