CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Bringing the DS to a MX track with a group of friends - Needs tips on jumping!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2002, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bringing the DS to a MX track with a group of friends - Needs tips on jumping!

Ok,
I have never really jumped the DS for serios air, I have a djusted my suspension and need to know some pointers on jumping!!!
Here what I know, hit the jump agressive, stand up and lean back! I dont want to nose dive like I have done in the past, I think I was going to slow.. I cant wait to finaly jump it!!

Keep in mind, I have only had the ds for a few months and came from the non jumping polaris world...

Old 12-10-2002, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default Bringing the DS to a MX track with a group of friends - Needs tips on jumping!

Hit the throttle right at the top of the jump will keep the nose up.

Old 12-10-2002, 06:06 PM
Pro Rider

At the top of the jump hit the gas.....hit the jump with good speed.....take it easy the first few times....GO THE RIGHT WAY AROUND THE TRACK (haha lonestarbanshee)......when in the air use your body weight to land evenly...little towards the rear not much...good luck....its easy

Old 12-10-2002, 06:54 PM
Pro Rider

What they said... and if the front end is too low while your in the air, wick the throttle for a second. If it's too high. tap the rear brakes. With either technique, very little goes a long way until you get the feel of it.

Old 12-10-2002, 10:08 PM
Pro Rider

Riding boots, nerf bars ..save those feet and ankles as much as possible!

Old 12-10-2002, 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

1. Start out small...table top jumps are the safest place to get your wings
2. Pay attention to your quad and how it reacts to each jump on the track...stay loose but be in control!!!
3. The more protective gear you wear the better
4. Maintain even pressure in your rear tires (ask the vets what they are running)
5. Make sure your handlebars are tight
6. Pay close attention to the fellows in the Huevos vids...especially the ones that don't make it...that sheet hurts, man!
7. Don't step too far out of your comforts zone...save room for improvement the next time you go
8. Wear clean underwear
9. Never ever say to yourself, "Okay, one last jump...". That'll jinx ya everytime!
10. Have fun!

I'm just learning to jump my quad also...I like the sand as it is quite a bit more forgiving than a hard packed track. I don't ever expect to clear a double or even go really big but I am a legend in my own mind and also am usually a designated driver so I am not allowed to get too banged up!

P.S.--Momma told me to tell you to make sure there are plenty of flaggers at this track so you'll know when someone's down and you or they don't add insult to injury, or worse!

Jim