CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

It's sad,but it looks like Cannondale is going under.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 05:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's sad,but it looks like Cannondale is going under.

Its funny you say that and list all your mods in the sig!

Old 12-14-2002, 05:45 PM
Weekend Warrior

If you read the whole sig, I wrote that I was Logged under someone elses' name-----The Quad I was talking about is for Moto Cross. The c'dale moto cross ready atv is list price 12500.00 but you can get it a little cheaper if you shop around. The signature on the last reply was a cannibal bought for around 7500.00 and has about 2800.00 in mods so that it could be set up for motocross... that comes to a grand total of 10300.00 which is cheaper than buying the moto which list for 12500.00 and you get the benefit of choosing what brand of shocks, axle a-arms wheels ect.... that you want. this makes more sense, if you like to tweak and toy with the suspen. my point was that you will spend far more that 12500.00 to get any other brand atv up to the same specs not to mention the down time and motor mods you will have to do to get set up for moto x racing.

Old 12-14-2002, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider

Aren't they in Pennsylvania? I've heard that a lot of companies in that state lay off in the winter months.

Old 12-14-2002, 06:38 PM
Pro Rider

What, because a company loses some money and does some layoffs there going under?? I'm not worried it is temporary.. Lucent, Qwest, and others are still around despite years and billions of corruption..

Old 12-15-2002, 01:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

POOLGUY,

You have all great points, and won't get any argument from anyone here. But the fact is JOE PUBLIC don't give a rats a$$ about "racing" for trophy's. Cannondale set out to biult and design a race ready quad with ALL the goodies like Aluminum frame,and EFI and they DID!!! But the problem was that they ONLY marketed their machine as "RACE READY". SO they at best was only appealing to 5% of the public.

It really sucks that C'dale biulds a machine that everyone "supposedly" wants and then they get hosed by the same people who has been belly-aching that such a machine was'nt present. I will go one step further and blame the HONDA loyalists for C'dales demize!!! They are the ones that were for years wanting a "race ready" quad to take the place of the ALLmighty 250r. But after C'dales does it, they were to damn BLIND by their own stupid loyalty to HONDA( that will NEVER have the ***** to do what C'dale did BTW) and their were only a VERY small percentage that were open-minded enough to give C'dale a try, and just about ALL of them has NEVER regreted doing so, But that was STILL not enough.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

All can say is. IF C'dale does go under, It will be a MAJOR SET BACK in the ATV world

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Biggerisbetter.

Old 12-15-2002, 01:48 AM
Pro Rider

I agree, with all the choises that are available, the Cannon will always be a step ahaed in technology.

Old 12-15-2002, 03:54 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I doubt they're going anywhere. Before they go 'under' they would have to start with bankruptcy, I mean, United just did that and they are still in business. I'd like to think Cannondale will be in the ATV & Dirt Bike industry indefinitely.

Old 12-15-2002, 05:36 AM
Pro Rider
It's official, I've been duning for over 30 years.

Canondale is just doing a great service to its employees and giving them the opportunity to spend the holidays with their families.
Years ago, the company I work for moved some paid holidays to the end of the year and then laid off a third of us. Most people were back within three weeks. The company saved 5 paid holidays times 200 employees.
While it saves money in the short term, people remember those kinds of moves for years.

Old 12-15-2002, 06:22 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Bigger hit it dead on!!!

Old 12-15-2002, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider

I too agree with Bigger accept that I would not call it, "blind stupid loyalty". Its more like cautious optimism. A small bicycle company scrapes up enough capitol to introduce its first entry into the (very conpetetive) moto-x bike market. Naturally the public was in wait-and-see mode so sales were somewhat soft. Then came the recalls and the problems that led to delays and excuses. The company made good on every problem on every bike but their image sustained some damage. Then, as Cannondale appeared to be in some financial trouble and overdue on their enduro bike, they released their ATV line much to the surprise of many leading industry critics. To some this was a sign of financial strength, to others - a company in confusion but another blow to their image none the less.

The Dale, as expensive as it is, needed a huge boost from the magazines to overcome a fragile image and to condone its high price tag. The mags were only "warm" to the Dale at best.
Many people who were cautiously waiting for the Dale, aired on the side of caution and bit on the new line-up of hot-rods from the bigger, financially-stronger companies, ie; Yamaha, Bombardier and eventually Suzuki.

Cannondale is big in the bicycle world but in the financial world, they are more like a flea on a dogs back.

I hope they make it through this because I truely beleive that if their sales started to skyrocket the "big four" would have no choice but to compete and we all know what happens when the big four pour money into a market segment [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

You can't blame the public for being cautious

Of course, this is my opinion...

Quick Reply: It's sad,but it looks like Cannondale is going under.