CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

It's sad,but it looks like Cannondale is going under.

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2002, 08:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's sad,but it looks like Cannondale is going under.

It looke like Cannodale will no longer be making quads.It's sad that it did not work for them guys. You would think that the way the highperformance market was taking off,they would have no problems making lots of money.I just hope this will not happen to Bombardier.

Old 12-14-2002, 09:02 AM
Pro Rider

edited!! raptor 8 enjoys being told to go work for minimum wage....it's the style around here. but we wont go into that. hope to meet you sometime. soon.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]
yes, indeed, let me put on my carpenter hat and start at $ 15/hr. yep. what do you do?

Old 12-14-2002, 09:12 AM
Elite Pro Rider

clif where did you find out that dale is going under? raptor 8 there is not enough workers in bend i can work 7 days a week dude. there is snow on the mountain now, go check tickets. or go be a carpenter. i know you see all the new buildings every where.

Old 12-14-2002, 09:13 AM
Pro Rider

Now that sucks...what is this based on?

Old 12-14-2002, 09:16 AM
Range Rover

Where did you here this about Cannondale?

Old 12-14-2002, 09:29 AM
Pro Rider

one guy mentioned a whole bunch of layoffs, , and another guy said they would be temporary. suspect you'll have to talk to someone with stock market experience to find out what's really happening.

sounds like sales have spiraled [downward] with the economy, hence the labor market snits.

Old 12-14-2002, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider

Well I don't think you have to worry about Bombardier going under on the Quad market. But as for Cannondale, it sounds as if they better do some cost cutting in those rigs of theirs! They are to damn exspensive! People can't afford those things. I think if they do a little more research they can come up with some suppliers that can get them a more reasonable deal on there materials. Good luck to Cannondale! I really like there products.

Old 12-14-2002, 12:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

NasdaqNM:BIKE

Business Summary
Cannondale Corporation is a manufacturer of high-performance bicycles and an emerging player in the off-road motorsports industry. The Company offers 89 bicycle models in the 2003 model year, all of which are hand assembled and constructed with hand-welded aluminum frames. Cannondale also sells other bicycle-related products including clothing, shoes and bags, and a line of components, some of which are manufactured for the Company by third parties. In addition, for its 2003 model year, Cannondale is offering five all-terrain vehicle (ATV) models and six motorcycle models. The Company's bicycle products are sold in approximately 60 foreign countries. Its activities in Europe, Japan and Australia are conducted through three wholly owned subsidiaries: Cannondale Europe B.V., Cannondale Japan KK and Cannondale Australia Pty Limited, respectively.

Financial Summary
Cannondale Corporation manufactures and distributes high performance bicycles, clothing, shoes and bags, and a line of bicycle-related components. For the three months ended 9/28/02, net sales rose 9% to $37.3 million. Net loss rose from $4.1 million to $8.4 million. Revenues reflect the growth in motorsport segment sales and favorable foreign exchange rates. Higher loss reflects increased SG&A expenses and a $1.8 million write-off of deferred finance cost.

Net Income:

Sep 28, 2002 Jun 29, 2002 Mar 30, 2002 Dec 29, 2001
($8,408,000) ($5,666,000) ($2,245,000) ($3,406,000)

NEWS:

Cannondale Struggles Amidst Layoffs, Dwindling Cash

DECEMBER 12, 2002 -- BETHEL, CT (BRAIN)--With Christmas around the corner, Cannondale furloughed most of its manufacturing staff--upwards of 600 people--at its two Bedford, Pennsylvania, factories this week.

Complete Article

Doesn't look good for Cdale. But, I found nowhere that said anything about going out of business. Except rumors on the stocks message board. What are all the current Cdale owners going to do when they need parts should Cdale go out of business?

Old 12-14-2002, 03:13 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Highly unlikely for Bomb.

1. They already make the engines for other products - BMW F650 and Rotax is a division that is constantly turning out engines - Can Cannondale say that?
2. The factory used to make quads also makes snow mobiles and PWC's. Just slip in the quads for a few weeks of production here and there. All products are similar in nature.
3. As demand changes due to season, Bomb just switches production to PWC's or Sleads or Quads - The factory is always busy.
4. Huge company that is profitable and has a large brand following.

Old 12-14-2002, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

If the rumors are true, I hate it, I have a friend with a c'dale, and he loves it. I would also say that it is the fastest stock, if not the fastest moto x atv I have been on. To reply to the higher cost of the C'dale. I don't know if any of you guys race or ride true race ready machines, but the c'dale (depending upon the model you choose) comes ready to hit the track/trail/dunes, with almost no mods. I have built my bike, and helped two other friends of mine build their bikes, and can say hands down that it is alot cheaper to buy a c'dale that is race ready than to try to build one-------I have over $14000.00 in my 250r, and my friends have about the same amount in theirs. (and these bikes have no factory support, and no technical support like the c'dale) I agree the C'dales are a little higher in price, but if you really think about it most guys buy a raptor or z-400 or 400ex............. and the first thing they do is to start buying pipes, carbs, jet kits, air boxes, and the really expensive motor mods............ just to get the bike in "race ready" range, not the mention the labor time, and head aches for the under experienced mechanic. So just remember when you are pricing a c'dale you are looking at a almost if not completely race ready quad!

POOLGUY

I was posting under airtimehocutt's login in name [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: It's sad,but it looks like Cannondale is going under.