CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Predator Beats Nothing!

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2002, 08:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Beats Nothing!

That's funny because if you look at it from an outside perspective, the guy on the Honda can do nothing but win... If he loses, no big deal, no one cares - got beat by a bike with a 60% larger engine - however, if he wins, he has definitely won bragging rights.

Kinda like owning a Corvette and racing against the 4 cylinder guys - sure, you can and should smoke the vast majority of them, but what's the point of lining up and giving them the opportunity. If you win, no one cares, but if you lose, you'll never hear the end of it.

Old 12-28-2002, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

MarkyNark - I talked my buddy with a piped raptor on alcohol to bring it out Sunday to race me on my new predator. His raptor and my raptor run side by side in a drag race, but my raptor has been broke for quite some time. Last weekend there were no raptors or ds's to race, only a 400ex and 400z yellow and green. The honda was easy to beat but the Z's were harder to beat. I didn't have the paddles on it then. I could run down both Z's but it took a ways. I should tear them up now since I put the comp-cut paddla brats on.
I want the alcohol raptor there just to see how fast this predator is.
turbo bobby

Old 12-29-2002, 10:52 PM
Pro Rider

well, i kinda got to race a predator finaly but the guy wouldnt wait for me to line up all 3 times. with my stock gearing and 22s in the rear and about a 2 bike length behind start from behind cause he would take off every damn time i would get close, even when i would hustle to line up, at olds hill i would pull ahead by about 4 lenghts throught the whoops. being that i am waiting for the 14 tooth front sprocket im only getting up in 2nd gear, he would catch up everytime at the top. i dont know if it was the rider through the whoops or what but i do know i would fly by everytime and he would eventually catch up at top. just wish he would have let me line up

Old 12-29-2002, 11:04 PM
Pro Rider

The predator performed very well at the whitefield drags today. My friend Ryenol was there with his raptor on alcohol. He beat me every time unless he did a wheelie, then I could beat him. I was behind by 1 to 2 bikes every time. Not to bad for a completely stock bike. I do plan to change the gearing tho. With the paddles, the bike boggs very bad trying to launch in 2nd. First gear just spins like crazy. So its like rev it dump the clutch in 1st then shift it to 2nd instantly. It pulls the front up through 3rd easily.

Old 12-30-2002, 04:46 AM
Elite Pro Rider

the one that we were able to run and ride pulled the hill real well, he had a lower front sprocket and a pipe, and carb filter. i think it will really be a weight thing when it comes to stock against stock. thru the whoops i could stay on the predator as wells as a ds, i have my ds's geared to pull the hills better than stock, and it was still a close race. the other thing about the predator i rode was the rev limiter, it hurt it a couple of times in the runs we did, and know it helped getting them off of the ds.

Old 12-30-2002, 06:26 AM
Pro Rider

The Predator has a rotax engine right???

Old 12-30-2002, 09:36 AM
Elite Pro Rider

the magazines say it is a fuji, the one they use in there sportsman 500, is that the one they said the outlander runs with or even beats ?

Old 02-15-2003, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider

the predator 500 is a fuji motor not a rotax, and it is not the sportasman 500 motor either. the predator motor is all new.

Old 02-16-2003, 02:45 AM
Trailblazer

1BigDSRider, I noticed that you lived in Louisiana... And I also saw in your thread that you said that you rode the dunes. I was wondering what dunes you was talking about? Cause I too live in Louisiana but in Lake Charles. I ride at LA Dunes and was thinking that we are at the same ones.
The Dunes

2000 DS650

Old 02-16-2003, 03:29 AM
Pro Rider

Obviously the guy on the Predator couldnt race....

Quick Reply: Predator Beats Nothing!