CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Predator Beats Nothing!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2002, 12:14 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator Beats Nothing!

Yesterday afternoon we had a group of us together. My stock DS 650, A piped and jetted Raptor, Piped and jettted Banshee and a Stock Canondale Canibal and a Predator with a WB polaris slip-on. The Predetor was not able to win one Race! Zero not a one. The closest it came was to the stock canibal and my stock DS! The fastest of the group was the Banshee followed by the Raptor then my dead stock ds with the canibal just behind and the predator was last! Riders were of course not equal but thats how it goes. All the quads are fast and I'm sure different riders would change the outcomes but that is what happened!

Bill

Old 12-25-2002, 12:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

the one i rode had the same rev limiter problem the ds has. what size rider was on the perdator. i thought the one i saw, ran good. it was a dealer though, and maybe he just had a good one. it was at the dunes so maybe it was just a good place for the extra power.

Old 12-25-2002, 10:18 PM
Pro Rider

I rode a Predator at the local dealership and I wasn't impressed with its power. The suspension is pretty wicked though! Different strokes for different folks I always say!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-26-2002, 07:57 AM
Pro Rider

I raced one too it was a nice quad but hardly the speed demon it is being made out to be!

Nocando

Old 12-26-2002, 11:23 AM
Pro Rider

XtremRaptor where are you from there in west texas i am from andrews orig but have not lived there in 20 years are there any good drag racing there at kermit anymore.

Old 12-26-2002, 02:59 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

After riding and racing the Predator on a Banshee with boost bottle, t-5 exhaust, power reeds, and an 8 inch swingarm. I thought it ran really well. I am over 300lbs and the rider of the predator weighed 190. Of course I'm going to win. No way the predator can get the traction I was getting. We raced on asphalt. Whole shot was a given about 3 bikes. The predators power kept me from pulling. This last saturday we went to the dunes. My freinds predator really impressed me. After numerous races with Z400 piped and jetted, 400ex, 440ex, Raptor, Banshees, and a cannidal speed the Predator won most of them. His predator was on dirt tires in deep loose sand and the other bikes were using sand tires. I have video but no way to post it. His power is what won the races. He lost the whole shot on nearly every run and caught and passed them between second and third on a short runs up hills. The suspension was very nice. Factory settings are a back breaker for even me and my weight. Really stiff. After adjusting the suspension it became a great ride. The seat is real narrow for me and felt more like riding a dirt bike. Not that it was tip heavy just that its a narrow seat like a dirt bike. Overall it was a good bike to ride and I cant wait to get back to the dunes with the new sand tires and hopefully an exhaust.

Old 12-27-2002, 12:36 AM
Pro Rider

its just ssssssssooooooooooooo funny how one will loose to a stock ds and another will almost beat a fast banch.

Old 12-27-2002, 02:03 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Take it as you see it. Make your decesion after seeing it yourself. Maybe the riders on all those bikes arent very good. I know my freind is one hell of a rider, but I dont think that its all the rider. The only two bikes that stood a chance against him were the 440ex and the raptor. The raptor had a ct pipe skat trak haulers k+n and a swing arm extension. Those three bikes went back and fourth for many runs. The predator from my experience with it is that it is fast. We are going riding on the weekend after the new year. I will let you know how it goes and hopefully I will have some pics if someone can post them.

Old 12-27-2002, 10:29 AM
Elite Pro Rider

the one i rode wouldn't beat my wifes stock ds, but it was faster than the stock raptors that we run. again it was the local dealer bike and it is in his best interest to make it run good. I think after the after market gets going on them they will be a fun machine to race. i enjoyed the way it handled the whoops and they way it would wheelie. but both my wife and i agree it doesn't have the grunt the ds has. all of this was at a sand hill that is right in front of the parking lot, so a flat drag could have been different.

Old 12-28-2002, 07:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

don't scare them all away yet, it is fun to see them after they lose to the ds. Ireally love the hondas that run over for a run at the ds.

Quick Reply: Predator Beats Nothing!