CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

first ride ever at Glamis and in the woods, also Twin air filter review

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2003, 11:16 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default first ride ever at Glamis and in the woods, also Twin air filter review

Whats up guys, i just got home from a long vacation over Xmas, where i took my DS and did alot of new things, first time at GLAMIS, it was awsome, i cannot say enough, ive been to the dunes in WA, OR, FL, TX, NM.......... They got nothing like the size of Glamis, The landmarks like Olds. hill and comp hill were fun, not as big as i had imagined, DS had no probs with wife on the back! but it was the vast miles and miles of really BIG RAZORBACK type dunes for the ridding, wow, im going at least once a year from now on, no matter its 1200 miles..

Anyway up in WA visiting family my DS got its first ever tast of MUD and SNOW, thats right my 2 year old DS has only ever played in Dunes and on a couple dirt roads, but it got all it could handle of mud and snow. It did REAL WELL, i rode with friends who all had 4x4 quads. one raptor, on blaster through tight trails, had to lift my tires over a few stumps, and boy the front tires make ya real nervouis running in the unbeaten bushes on the sides of the trails for normal sized(skinny wheelbased whimps) quads.......just waiting to discover the uncovered stump. It did real good for as big as it is, i was able to make 99% of the tight trail turns they could all make, and when we came out on top at this huge gravel pit, everyone was watching me get 6-7 ft of air compared to there 6inches, the raptor rider got some too.
anyway the steep logging roads with 10" of fresh snow wasent the best combo with my 20" Fast Trekkers , but the horespower got me up most of it.

Now for my pitch on Twin Air...

Ive been running K&N for ever on my bikes and cars, and still got one in my GSXR750, but after readin some articles on how fine dust gets through the K&N i pulled them off my F250 and my DS650 who both see alot of fine TX dust. And on more than one occasion i could get fine dust particles on my fingers from rubbing inside the intake with the K&N off, so i went with Twin Air foam. and till this trip ive always cleaned and oiled my K&N between every sand dune trip....well this new twin air with fresh coat of oil saw two days of glamis 5 rides of straight mud and snow and rain then two days of Coos Bay, OR, and it was UGLY brown with mud and dirt all over it, It is in the stock airbox with no lid AND the holes drilled all through it.........anyway i took it off tonight and OH MY GOD is it CLEAN in there , not a spec of nothing, this filter is amazing, and it breaths just as well, the jetting did not have to change at all, i cant say enough for the twin air.

Well whens the next trip to Kermit here in TX, ill tell you what Kermit TX is the second best dunes ive been to, Very similiar to glamis style dunes just 1/3 the size.
Rob.