CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

how difficult is it to install the jet kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2003, 03:14 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how difficult is it to install the jet kit?

I've just ordered a K&N filter and jet kit, how hard is it to install for someone who has never jetted a bike? Should I just pay to have it done correctly. And how would you know if you've jetted it right? I live in Phoenix,az and have a slip on and the filter, is there a certain jet size that would give me the propper jetting? And what about the needle that comes with it? ILike I said this would be my first time and I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Old 01-23-2003, 03:41 PM
Range Rover

If you pay a dealer to install it, you might or might not get the right jet for your machine and if its not you will have to pay again. SO if you get the small needle nose vise grips and allen screws to replace your factory srews on the bowl you can save $$$$ and if you don't get it right the fist time you can change it even faster the second time and save more $$$$$. And I like to put my $$$$ in going faster not pockets. I put a 180 jet with a MBRP exhaust and it works pretty good that was my first time. Now I can do it in my sleep to the other machines those took more trial and error. But it feels real good when your done. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-23-2003, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

It's a cinch. The hardest part is getting those soft head screws out to drop the bowl. Do as the above post suggests and replace them with alan heads, stainless, if you can get them. For best results, use all of your DJ components (that means the needle too), don't try and mix and match stock needles with DJ jets. When you change needles, you will more than likely notice quite a difference in length and taper between stock and K&N. At least there was on the Warrior. They are designed to work with the jets they have manufactured. Just follow the instructions that come with your Dyno (K&N) for your elevation, etc., and that will give you a good baseline. You can fine tune from there depending on throttle response, etc.

If I can do it, anybody can. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]