CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

Race Head Question

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2003, 01:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Race Head Question

Well ,I don't have any numbers for ya, but I have seen him on more than one occasion beat FULLY RACE 760 Pami's, RonWoods Stage3's,and ALOT of fully built Rappy's(on nitrous). and they ALL were on ALKY.

I would have to guess around Mid 70's, the rest would be rider skill, and "set-up".

I am not saying that Race heads are not good, but for the majority of us Duners it is OVERKILL, and the money could go alot of other places,and be better noticed.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 01-27-2003, 01:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

JEFFROE,

you are a great example. I know you have probably played with more combinations than just about anyone.

I guess I should say that BIG BORES, would definately benefit from a Larger Valve head. I was Only refering to stock bore engines that want to stay competitive.

Biggerisbetter.

Old 01-27-2003, 01:26 PM
Pro Rider

set-up set-up thats the key. ice racing this year with the 760 vs last year stage I kit. i've got tons more power even winning alot of my heats but still not able to beat mostly stock raptors and yes stock preditors. had a chance toride both at practice and they just plain hook-up better than mine will. short swing arms -1 or 2'', soft shocks very low. all the ponies in the world won't help if you don't set the rest of the machine up right!!! p.s. helps to have really big ***** [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-27-2003, 05:30 PM
Elite Pro Rider

i agree with bigger the mods are great but if the package isn't right it won't matter. i think garys race head is pretty good. sam coe does some head work, i think billsds650had them do his.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:03 PM
Pro Rider

i want to point out that just by looking at a head with a larger value does not mean it FLOW MORE AIR.

why another engine builder would take a head of the competition and compare without flow sheets is beyond me.

i don't not want to bash anyone here but if his head is SO MUCH BETTER why didn't his race headed 760 stomp me up the hill?

i do not see other engine builders bashing other companys. RWR have helped me out alot and have never told me not to go with anything else. Ron has told me to cantact pami alot of times on things he couldn't answer.

why doesn't someone gather up all the race heads and put them on the same flow bench with the same cams and compare them for us.

Old 01-27-2003, 09:35 PM
Pro Rider

Final Climax...hey i know what you mean! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

DuneMe...Iv'e never race NorthJeepster...but i would like too! Im sure we will run into each other someday on the Oregon Dunes [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 02:20 PM
Pro Rider

that would be great sand45 anytime but it'll have to be mid to end feb I'm still putting it together all the engine work should be done next week.

Old 01-28-2003, 02:44 PM
Trailblazer

So I'm getting the feeling that maybe enlarging the valves is a waste of money unless I decide to go with a larger bore. I can tell you that I am staying with the stoke bore. The question now is who should I send my head to have ported? I was thinking RW, but what cams does he use because who ever does my head work than I would like to have them install my cams as well. I was thinking a 12.5:1 piston from PAMI, and clutch springs and I might undercut the gears. Depending on those results I may go with the dual carbs. You guys have been great with your information and I appreciate it, so keep it coming.

Old 01-28-2003, 03:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

dsmike is right is is about flow, and if you ask gary all he will tell you it is a big air pump. i don't think gary is putting down woods race head, he may feel his is better, but he also sells woods products. he still recommends there pipe, over the others. as far as why one bike runs better it is like the other guys were saying set-up. i've beat stage two ds's with my stock engine but the right gearing for where i was riding, but i still bought woods piston, cams. and i'm going to go and get there carb from gary. i think it is great that we have more than one choice,( gary, pami, woods, sam coe,and roberts)

Old 01-28-2003, 03:48 PM
Trailblazer

Sandman430:

I did get the feeling from Gary he wasn't set just on PAMI or RW, but looked for the best product no matter who made or sold it and that the biggest thing you need was air flow.

Yes it is great we have more than one choice, but it can be a little overwhelming with all the different products and services out there. This is where the forum has been a great benefit to myself.

Oh yea and the other mod I was going to try is the 43 tooth rear sprocket and yes I know I need a new chain.

Quick Reply: Race Head Question