CAN-AM (BRP) Discussions about CAN-AM ATVs.

BIG BORE PIPE

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2003, 04:18 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BIG BORE PIPE

so i know you'r sick of giving advise on what pipe to run. but for the guys running big bore ds's what pipe do you like? robertson said my graydon lacked good transition from head pipe to center, whats the hot ticket[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG BORE PIPE

i have a woods on my 760 and a big gun on my 720 i like the woods best i wish i could find another used woods for my 720.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 05:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG BORE PIPE

i run a woods on my stage 2 ds and love it. i know the rappys are having good luck with the mbrp slip on on their big bore bikes around here. so in my opinion those two pipes have the best fit and finish and from what ive seen seem to make good power

Old 01-28-2003, 06:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG BORE PIPE

I'm running the woods pipe, I would like to try the MBRP but I don't know if it will clear the dual carbs.

Old 01-28-2003, 07:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
THAT!!!!!Sounds down right sexy!
Default BIG BORE PIPE

Well i do like the mbrp for small bores and low mod bikes.I had my head re'ported added bigger cams and valves and it will no longer carry the load??? its going bye bye and as far as we know the graydon out dynos everthing on my 760 and i will be dynoing the little ds this week big gun aginst mbrp and graydon ill know by monday!!i don't know why but so far the graydon and ct are tops well thats what we found on the dyno so thake it for what its
worth????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

PS dsjockey the mbrp right now is only slip on and with a stock head pipes you should clear the dual carbs with no problem !!!! i have an inch of clearence ???

Old 01-28-2003, 08:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG BORE PIPE

AZSAND what about the woods pipe have you dynoed it how does it compare.

Old 01-28-2003, 08:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default BIG BORE PIPE

You know i never thought of it as a contender but it dose dyno right up there with the graydon i just hate the fact that if you air out you damage your pipe but as far as prefomance its tops!!!! i actualy dented my mbrp at glamis[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]
but if you don't air out the woods is amongst the best[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 08:31 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default BIG BORE PIPE

does it take a lot of air ? or is a normal jump going to dent your pipe? AZsand when you say your little ds is that stock bore ? and piston and cams? wondering if what you find will work for me[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 08:40 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default BIG BORE PIPE

Hey sand man i caught big air and landed in a witches eye(for those of you that seen it don't tell him my throttle stuck and i biffed it i want him to think i landed it) caught the handle bars in the chest and destroyed my mbrp ( its not destroyed its just dinged) But the stock head pipe is whats killing me and i can't wait no longer so i must move on to a complete exhaust system. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

In martrins defence i have a -1 swing arm which i think played in the Equation too!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-28-2003, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider
Default BIG BORE PIPE

Thanks for the info AZSAND, I thought that they had the full system out....maybe later, glad to hear that the woods pipe puts up good numbers, my jumping is pretty limited so I guess it will be there for a while

Quick Reply: BIG BORE PIPE